Super Contributor

Did anyone get it? If you already received it, what do you think?

Occasional Contributor

Got mine yesterday.  This is replacing an older Rowenta.  I am a fan of this brand, for sure.  I do a lot of sewing/quilting and it is a cotton's best friend. 

Valued Contributor

The ones the Q sells are made in China and break faster. I got one made in Germany and the company actually replaced it when I dropped it and broke off the water door.  It has lasted many years and performs beautifully.

I think its worth the extra money to get the premium models made in Germany because they last a lot longer.

Contributor

I received mine today and it is also a replacement for an older Rowenta. I love this brand and have no issues with it. By the way, my box is clearly marked Made in Germany!

Respected Contributor

@lianne wrote:

The ones the Q sells are made in China and break faster. I got one made in Germany and the company actually replaced it when I dropped it and broke off the water door.  It has lasted many years and performs beautifully.

I think its worth the extra money to get the premium models made in Germany because they last a lot longer.

@lianne I have a rowenta from the Q and it is made in Germany, not China.

Super Contributor

I just received mine in blue yesterday...love it!! I have been both steaming and ironing, works great! Really powerful and simplifies the job! The one I received clearly states, made in Germany.

Contributor

Dear homedecorator,

My light does not go off.  The manual says it should, but it doesn't.  It irons fine, but I'm not sure about the light.   Does yours go off?  Thanks!

Super Contributor

Which light are you referring to? There are two lights....the auto off indicator light in the center of the iron, near the controls  (which will stay lit until iron is powered off), there is also a very small thermostat control light near the base of the iron-- the thermostat control light turns off, once your iron reaches the selected  temperature.

Hope that helps! I am really loving this iron!

Respected Contributor
I got mine earlier this week and ironed bed sheets immediately. It works so well. I didn't bother with the light near the controls but did notice the bottom light at the base go off, but I juse feel the iron for heat by just ironing. It isn't an oven, and I'm not baking, so preheating is not needed. If you pick it up, iron, and it works, then you are good! If not, just wait a bit. The water tank is the big complaint on the reviews, but I filled mine under an overhead light and looked at it sideways. What I did notice is that you think it will show filling immediately but there is a good bit you fill before it actually starts to climb up the iron, so be patient and look sideways.