Honored Contributor

Re: Ring video - am I missing something?

couldn't someone just smash these cameras?  I always thought about that.

Respected Contributor

If you're that worried about someone smashing or stealing it, you need more sophisticated security than Ring,

Respected Contributor

@Madremia wrote:

So they are going on and on about how easy to change the front plate and batteries.  Doesn’t that mean an intruder could just disable the thing in like two seconds by taking out the batteries?

I have a Ring Pro and after choosing the faceplate of you liking, there's a very tiny screw on the bottom that locks the faceplate in place.  

If some deceitful person wants to tamper with the Ring, he would have to bring a tiny screwdriver with him to do so. 

I'm not saying that would happen, it's not something I worry about though.  

Honored Contributor

@Sunshine Kate wrote:

@Madremia wrote:

So they are going on and on about how easy to change the front plate and batteries.  Doesn’t that mean an intruder could just disable the thing in like two seconds by taking out the batteries?

I have a Ring Pro and after choosing the faceplate of you liking, there's a very tiny screw on the bottom that locks the faceplate in place.  

If some deceitful person wants to tamper with the Ring, he would have to bring a tiny screwdriver with him to do so. 

I'm not saying that would happen, it's not something I worry about though.  

@Sunshine Kate We also have the Pro. I think more people own the Ring 2. They are different sizes so hopefully that will keep any tampering with ours down.

Esteemed Contributor

@Nightowlz did you need an electrician to install it for you?

Honored Contributor

@Snoopp wrote:

@Nightowlz did you need an electrician to install it for you?

@Snoopp No DH said it was easy since we already had a hardwired doorbell. Our problem was locating the transformer to see how many volts it was. It has to be 16-24 volts. Ours is 20.

DH said he had to connect 2 wires from old doorbell to the Ring Pro.