Respected Contributor
Accepted Solution

Ring Video on Inside Edition

The TV show on Monday, 12/16 did a story of a hacker taking over the homeowner's security system.  The homeowner is a cop who was stymied by the hacker's bravado.  The hacker had lots of data on the homeowner-even his previous residence info.  Be aware that these systems are vulnerable. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Ring Video on Inside Edition

I assume anything electronic is vulnerable, but if Ring was so easy to hack, wouldn't we see more stories like this?

I guess I'm just a skeptical person.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes. I saw that. Becoming more common. I am pretty sure that was the video

where the person was saying that they were a 5 year old kid.

Super Contributor

@software wrote:

I assume anything electronic is vulnerable, but if Ring was so easy to hack, wouldn't we see more stories like this?

I guess I'm just a skeptical person.

Totally agree!....no different than anything else that gets hacked...heck the Social Security and IRS agencies have been hacked...it happens everywhere and we survive it...Love my Ring and will continue to love it...but at the same time, I do not have cameras inside of my house (especially not a childs bedroom).

Valued Contributor

There has been three separate incidents on the news this week but I’d never heard it happening before this week.
Trusted Contributor

Considering the millions of Ring products which have been sold, there are very few stories of their products being hacked.  Typically they are compromised because the homeowner does not have adequate WiFi security in their home.

We have Ring doorbell and received an email to add the Two Factor security if we hadn't done so already.  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Would not have Ring nor Alexa.  People are just asking for trouble.  I  do not care how safe they claim they are.  Alexa is stupid.  When did we become such lazy people you have to aske Alexa to do everything?  I will gladly do things for myself.