Respected Contributor

Ring Cameras TSV vs Ring Doorbell

Is it better to just go with one Ring Doorbell starting out with this?  

Honored Contributor

Re: Ring Cameras TSV vs Ring Doorbell

I've had the ring thing a few times.  It always worked fine for a few months then it would start acting wonky.  Over and over it wanted me to join the 'neighborhood something'.

I kept saying, "No thanks" and it just wouldn't give up so two times I sent it back to QVC.

I have 2 Nest cameras which my son-in-law put in.  I don't even mess with those things.

My favorite are the Blink cameras.  I believe I'm up to 10 cameras right now.  Eight are on the same modular.  The other two (they're the one's you can talk on) are on a different module.

I love those things.  They're simple and I feel safe with them.  I have to admit I don't set them up.

A friend of mine comes and helps me with various things around my house (i.e. planting, putting out all of the summer stuff, etc).  She also sets up all of the Blink cameras.

Some are in trees around the house.  The house sits on 1 acre so there's plenty of room to set them around the house (outside and in).

Trusted Contributor

I Love my ring and the neighborhood thing.  Sometimes it's just nice to know when there are neighborhood alerts.  We got ours as a gift from our kids and they set it up and it truly is one of the best gifts ever.  They also have access to it which is nice.

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the replies.  I've been thinking about getting a Ring.  But yesterday's TSV was kind of overwhelming lol.  

Trusted Contributor

We have the Ring doorbell but in general I'm not a fan of Ring.  I purchased the doorbell a few years ago from QVC not knowing that in order to keep the videos we had to pay for the service.  It wasn't a lot of money but the principal that frustrated us.  

We also purchased Blink cameras which we like a lot more.  No extra charge for storing videos.  We have them set to turn on and off.  It was great when we were checking on kids coming home from school or while on vacation to know when the house was checked up on.  

Have not had any interest in the Flood Light thing that was on this weekend.

Honored Contributor

we have the blink easy to set up and have had no issues with  it.

however the one we have has no 2-way talk ability, and I think the Ring has better viewing an app

as for the Neighborhood app, it's a non issue