Trusted Contributor

Ring Camera Reviews

[ Edited ]

When I look on the items on air, the Ring TSV has 4 stars under it, but I cannot find any reviews. I did look on Amazon and the reviews are really mixed. Many say there are still a lot of glitches in the system, some say customer service is awesome, then some say customer service is not very good. I am very no -techie.....so is there anyone here that has a true review of this product? Thanks!!!

I hate to invest this kind of money until I hear true reviews.😊

Regular Contributor

We have two Ring devices. We have the original ring doorbell and the ring doorbell pro. I love the Ring products. We had a lot of problems getting our first ring doorbell to work and their customer was fantastic. You do need patience with them and as many problems we had with our first doorbell we should have sent it back. Why we didn't is it a great product when it is working it is really easy to use and has so many different features. Yes there were a lot of glitches at first. We have had our first Ring for almost two years and in that time many improvements have been made. They are always updating the firmware and making improvements. Some important things anyone should keep in mind if they are going to purchase any Ring products depending on how big your house is you do need good wifi reception throughout your house. You will also need a decent internet speed. One of the reasons we had so many problems with our first Ring doorbell is the wifi was not reaching with enough strength outside our front door. Ring actually sent us a free wifi extension and it fixed the problem. It does take a little bit of time and adjustment with setting the motion detection and stuff to get to where it works for you. I don't know if any of this information helps but I would not hesitant to buy one and give it a try.  One last thing about Ring customer service. Our backdoor Ring died all of the sudden this past weekend. It was over 5 months out of the warranty but Ring is now in the process of sending us a brand new one even though it is 5 months pass the warranty. We thought they were just going to tell us sorry your out of luck you need to buy another one. I think that says a lot about their customer service and one of the reasons we decided to buy the TSV today because of our latest customer experience with them.

Trusted Contributor

@hotbuyer Thanks so much!!!😊

Regular Contributor

Re: Ring Camera Reviews

[ Edited ]

@grandma petes your welcome Smiley Happy and I should have added to my original post the customer service are really good at walking you through all the steps needed to get the Ring working. I would not hesitant to buy one for my mother who is very non techie and feeling she would be able to easily set it up and use it.