Super Contributor

While watching RD's presentation of the NFL TSV, I found myself getting really uncomfortable more than once as he presented the sizes. While playing up the fact that they had size 4x, he kept talking about how big it was, that you could use it as a tent or a blanket, or that it would make a great sleep T. A woman called in and he brought up that she had ordered the 4x. She seemed a little taken aback that he mentioned that, and she said that it was for her son. Rick just kept going on about it, which I found to be really insensitive. Weight and size can be a touchy subject for people regardless of gender. The fact that he is a guy, or the shirt was bought for a male, is no excuse. Rick is obviously way out of touch, but there is no excuse for that. Also, seeing how the largest and smallest sizes are often the first to sell out, I don't think there was any need for him to go overboard on the promotion. It was embarrassing to watch.

“…nevertheless, she persisted.”
Honored Contributor

That was VERY insensitive of him.

Esteemed Contributor

Oh wow.  I did not see that.  If Rick was the one that mentioned she bought a 4X, that really was unnecessary and insensitive, just to say that.  I wonder if that info pops up on the monitor with their name.  For him to harp on it, or to say that it was as big as a tent is really rude.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
QVC Customer Care
Regular Contributor

@LorelaiGilmore  I also was offended by Rick's comments!  Rich tried to steer him away saying that the 4X size has been requested and they attempted to accommodate all but Rick continued showing the XS vs the 4X also known as the tent.  Well it appears the majority of the teams are sold out in the 4X.  He needs some sensitivity training. 

When they showed the last shirt, they also said it was available in a 4X but that was not so when attempting to order.  Get it together people!

Respected Contributor

Re: Rick D and NFL TSV

[ Edited ]

There have been numerous times hosts have said "inappropriate" things but usually ignore...although for hosts I find difficult to watch, simply do not.  Being a long-time customer, I watched RD over the years and he always seemed to be the "used-car salesman" type hawking at a fever pitch.  Sometimes I was able to watch him depending on vendor and product, other times turn him off.  It was fine when he was younger, but not any more so seldom watch him.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is unkind to our host.

Honored Contributor

While I don't condone poking fun at a large size, for the most part I thoroughly enjoy Rick.  He's one of the few hosts I can watch these days.

QVC Customer Care
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is challenging moderation