Super Contributor

Reviews other than QVC shoppers

I was looking at the Blendjet and the reviews. The ones from Blendjet.com are all 5 stars. The reviews from the QVC shoppers are very different and IMO more honest. I only want to see reviews from other QVC peeps those are the ones I trust, not the one from the manufacturer’s website.
Honored Contributor

Re: Reviews other than QVC shoppers

@Bellini13  Why not post your concerns in theSuggestion Box forum area so the MODs and/or PTB can forward to the proper department?

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

I agree, I only purchase after viewing QVC customers posts!  I didn't order it because of them.

📬 📉

Super Contributor

@Bellini13 wrote:
I was looking at the Blendjet and the reviews. The ones from Blendjet.com are all 5 stars. The reviews from the QVC shoppers are very different and IMO more honest. I only want to see reviews from other QVC peeps those are the ones I trust, not the one from the manufacturer’s website.

I agree 100%.  I don't consider reviews from other sites.  This has stopped me several times from ordering an item.

Trusted Contributor

Yes I agree. Lately I’ve noticed shoes that are “New” to the Q have reviews already but from the shoe brands site. This can be a plus, but I found it’s a negative and this is why. I ordered a shoe that had never been presented on the Q, but when it arrived I could tell it was a restock. Now I am weary of buying any “New” shoe item that has reviews from the manufactures site. It’s like the company gave their shoe supply to the Q to sell and included returns. 😝
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RescueLover I have had the same problem with shoes I recently received from QVC, Sketchers. They were not in a standard shoebox. They arrived in a brown box without any brand or size on the box. Actually, there was nothing on the box. Very strange. I wondered if the shoes were a return, but they were not sold "as is". I keep some of my shoes in their boxes but had to throw this ugly box away. Why no new box?

Honored Contributor

I dont take any review no matter where it comes from as 100% true on any shopping site.

I take any review with a grain of salt.

However, if there are 10 reviews that one sleeve is shorter than the other and there are 12 reviews total  I do take that as a problem (this is an example)

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bellini13 wrote:

@Bellini13   I agree.  If you already have a disposition to buy from a brand's proprietary site, chances are you may review the product higher.  QVC imports those reviews from their site, why??

All through Terri Conn's presentation of the Blendjet she kept repeating the over 5,000 reviews with most of them 5-star.  She also kept saying all those QVC shoppers came back to QVC to write those 5-star reviews.  Wrong.

I kept waiting for a producer to correct her, but of course no correction ever came.  Did she not look to see where the reviews came from?  Did she know but not care for accuracy?  Who knows, but it was misleading.  

Super Contributor

There seems to be a lot of inaccuracies lately. I remember reading that Sunday Riley was fined by some government agency for having employees rate the products all 5 stars. On the Blendjet quite a few bad reviews from QVC verified shoppers but all 5 star from Blendjet. I went on Amazon and there are alot of personal blenders and less expensive and free shipping.
Valued Contributor

Yes, on Sunday Riley's products on QVC, they are all reviews by the website. Not only do some companies have employees who review items but they also pay or give free product to influences to make reviews.