Respected Contributor

Re: Reverse-a-brella-get it!!!

@Ibby114 wrote:

@makena wrote:

What happens to the water inside the umbrella after you get in the car???

You turn the umbrella upside down outside the car door before you close it--

So if it's pouring out the inside will get wet also.

Respected Contributor

@makena wrote:

makena:  I thought exactly the same thing!  When I first saw this on HSN I was wondering why this concept is a good one if all the water sits inside the umbrella in a pool.

Honored Contributor

I'm giving it a try (in the black/leopard). It's a "$20 bill alert," as Pat DiMentri used to say. l wish the Q would still offer more TSVs and other items under $20.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Trusted Contributor

You close up the umbrella very easily and prop it so it doesn't drop into your car, when you arrive at destination just turn it upside down to drain, like it is demonstrated. Maybe up against the entrance, on concrete, shake it out if you like.
Trusted Contributor

@mimi5775...

I live in Florida, it rains a lot and mine was not cheaply made. We do not get winds like Chicago though, not on a regular basis anyway. I would pay good money for excellent ☔️, I also bought one a few years ago I loved, it was very well made, had a light and sadly left in a restaurant in Atlanta...someone got an awesome umbrella that day.
Esteemed Contributor

Please note! I used mine 2 times...kept in garage and button stuck top part inside broke off...cheap! I got on HSN. I looove this idea like you ...yes genius. BUT I'd pay 35.00 for one heck of a great umbrella not junk, I wish there were reviews on this, I do so want it.

The cheap one also could not take wind and we live near Philly, not Chicago lol and again I used 2 times tops.

I wonder wny there are no reviews since they said it sold out the first time they brought it to QVC.   AMAZON sells many at dfferent prices and all made by different companies.  I would like to know who makes this.  Also, most of the reviews on amazon are favorable.  I also wonder if this is the same as the As Seen on TV commercial where you get two for the same price

Valued Contributor

@Teddixat, there is a different item no. A289648

Respected Contributor

@makena wrote:

@Ibby114 wrote:

@makena wrote:

You turn the umbrella upside down outside the car door before you close it--

So if it's pouring out the inside will get wet also.

Exaclty my thoughts.  I will continue to use the tried and true and not have mildew.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@rozio wrote:

I'm not sure......  I love the design etc, but the price doesn't seem like a "special value".   I saw the exact same umbrella on Amazon with much prettier colors, for about the same price, with free S & H......   if this is such a special value, it should be MUCH cheaper that what I could find elsewhere.   

Yes, cheaper, (even if not much cheaper), and should ship free... I think they have more than a little disconnect with the word special in Q-land...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@loveour4leggedfriends wrote:

@makena wrote:

makena:  I thought exactly the same thing!  When I first saw this on HSN I was wondering why this concept is a good one if all the water sits inside the umbrella in a pool.

Yeah, I figure either way (traditional or new) you're gonna get wet and get water in your car.  I hate putting my soaking wet umbrella in my car, so I certainly am not going to prop it up with it full of water.  I'd rather wear my rain coat with my hood.