Honored Contributor

Re: Reverse-a-brella-get it!!!

I gave up on umbrellas years ago.   I have a few very nice raincoats with a hood.  I like having my hands free.

@NativeJax wrote:
I do not have this particular brand, I bought 5 of the HSN version. I have them for gifts and kept 1 for me. This is genius, I really love mine. I will be picking up another 1 today, the handle looks different on this one. I think I will get the polka dot:-)

Respected Contributor

@noodleann wrote:

I really want one. The HSN version is sold out, but it was $35 and is 41" across when open, and this one is 44.5". I love the purple.

However, I am sticking to my budget, and have put a black one with a cloud lining for $7 (free shipping, no tax) on my watch list on eBay. 

I bought this as a TS on HSN and it was $20 with Free Shipping I believe.  Later, they offered another model with automatic opening and it was $25 as a TS (maybe that one is normally $35).  I saw the same one I got at Walgreens in less colors and with no case for $20.

This has been the rainiest season I can remember, and this umbrella has held up great, including on some windy days when any other umbrella would have turned inside out.  I'm very happy with the purchase, but can't say whether this one on QVC is as good, although it does look similar.

Esteemed Contributor

Not buying it. I looked and saw we have 2 big golf type umbrellas, 5 regular umbrellas all in our umbrella holder in the entry way, and 1 in each car.

They do look cleverly made, but I cant remember the last time I used an umbrella (seriously).

Anyway. I just put up my rain jacket hood and walk through rain (Its only water.lol. I love the rain!). I only use an umbrella if its pouring bad, if its light to medium rain I don't bother.

After all I only walk a few feet to and from the car (if its not in the garage) to go in the house or to the store or Dr appts.  

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

I don't like how big they are.  I saw a woman with one in the courthouse and asked her about it.  She said it was the better brella or whatever the HSN one is.

It was huge and cumbersome for her to carry around IMO.  I think the idea is genius.   

Esteemed Contributor

@loveour4leggedfriends wrote:

@makena wrote:

What happens to the water inside the umbrella after you get in the car???

makena:  I thought exactly the same thing!  When I first saw this on HSN I was wondering why this concept is a good one if all the water sits inside the umbrella in a pool.

---------------------------

When I saw them on HSN - around the holidays - I wondered the same thing!  I thought about getting some for gifts, but we get very little rain in this region.  Have not really needed an umbrella in over two years!!

Respected Contributor

Before Christmas I got 2 of the reverse umbrellas at Walgreens for $19.95 each.  I kept one and gave one for a gift.  I have only used mine a few times but I like it.  It does cut down on getting water all over you when you are getting in the car. 

Honored Contributor

@NativeJax wrote:
I do not have this particular brand, I bought 5 of the HSN version. I have them for gifts and kept 1 for me. This is genius, I really love mine. I will be picking up another 1 today, the handle looks different on this one. I think I will get the polka dot:-)

@NativeJax

I got one of the ones from HSN and returned it. I like the idea but it is too big and bulky to be practical for me. If a smaller version that fits in a work tote becomes available I'll be first in line. 

Trusted Contributor

I would love a smaller, more portable size as well. I keep mine in my car, if they had a smaller, portable one I would also purchase that.
Super Contributor

The polk a dot ones sold out before I ever saw them on the q. I did order the navy and pink one. I have two floral umbrellas that I have loved but they are VERY old and look it. Even tho I don't use them very often I wanted a new one so out with the old and in with the new.   I agree with one person here who questioned what happens to all the water that is still in the umbrella once you close it? It would have to be poured out somehow, somewhere eventually!

Trusted Contributor

@NativeJax wrote:

Happy you liked them!!! I passed on this TSV on QVC since I have a few well-made umbrellas and I am trying not to hoard :/   (lol)

Yes the handle looks diff and it can stand on it's own IIRC?

My umbrella from HSN like yours on their today's special is now an 'as a Seen on TV item'... same name! And mine it broke so fast - I saw it was cheap in certain areas inside. I bet the Q one was good. I wanted it!

I'll check later on Q or eBay etc. if I give a few of mine away..that's part of de-hoarding..giving away things then getting new (in my book Smiley Wink!

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky