Honored Contributor

Re: Regarding Laurie Felt TSV and Shawn K.

Telling a story about humble beginnings has always been used as a marketing ploy. 

Trusted Contributor

@gigy wrote:

I like her clothing line too, not talking about herline, I was mentioning what Shawn said because I''ve never heard Laurie mention that about herself. I ahppen to feel that the hosts should not say those things.

I saw it too.  I thought it was a weird vibe on the show .... but, I don't watch much qvc anymore.... to compare. 

Super Contributor

I did not see the incident pertaining to this thread.  However, not much that SK says surprises me...except I have heard her say on several occasions that she only showers every 2-3 days.  When she said this during a show w/Isaac, he was very surprised...oh well....to each his own!  Gotta run...off to take my daily shower....Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Once a public figure puts personal information out there I see no reason why it can’t be repeated.Laurie speaks quite often about her humble beginnings. IMO Shaun did nothing wrong.

Honored Contributor

I don't really care who says something like that -- it is not something that appeals to me as a form of a humble beginnings story.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

So she came from humble beginnings and now she is very rich.  That does not move me to buy her clothing line.  Laurie has told her story many times on air so whether or not Shawn repeated it is not a biggie.

Frequent Contributor

People need to stop judgeing about what the host do or dont do ,Worry about your own life.These host have have a job and there doing an awesome job.!!!

Respected Contributor

Why is this thread still here? The OP simply didn't  understand that Shawn was repeating the vendors story, a story Laurie tells everytime she's on the Q of how & why she started her line. The OP & the other posters who love to pile on are wrong...Shawn did nothing wrong & doesn't deserve any criticism about what she said.