Trusted Contributor

Regarding Laurie Felt TSV and Shawn K.

Yesterday I looked on line to see what the TSV was because I am traveling and not home to watch on TV. I saw that Shawn was presenting the TSV with Laurie Felt. Now perhaps I am out of touch or just old fashioned or simply too sensitive but I was appauled at what Shawn said in her introduction about Laurie. It wasn't the part about being married to a famous producer but then she said something to the affect of Laurie not having two pennies to rub together until she married him and was able to design and do what she does now. I thought it was in very poor taste, rude and disrespectful. Anyone else catch it and how do you feel about what she said. In this day and age, that kind of remark demeans women and sends a horribe message to women everywhere.

Honored Contributor

Re: Regarding Laurie Felt TSV and Shawn K.

That came from Laurie herself.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

It wasn’t rude at all. Laurie herself tells that story. The point is that she wanted to make clothing that everyone could afford. She remembers how it felt when she  couldn’t afford nice clothes. I love her line and I think she is an awesome lady. 

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is unkind to our guest.

Trusted Contributor

I actually don't care who it came from, I don't buy it, and find it condescending. IMHO.

Valued Contributor

Then let Laurie tell it...

Honored Contributor

Laurie has said that many times herself.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Super Contributor

I don't think Laurie's clothes are affordable.  I have a couple pair of her jeans and they are not the high quality she speaks off.  I found skinny silky jeans at tj maxx for $16.99 that are higher quality than hers and get so many compliments when I wear them.  Laurie's tops are cheaply made for the price,  I'll stick to Susan Graver, her clothes are higher quality and don't fall apart when you wash them.

Trusted Contributor

Shawn said something inappropriate? Really???Woman Surprised

Trusted Contributor

I like her clothing line too, not talking about herline, I was mentioning what Shawn said because I''ve never heard Laurie mention that about herself. I ahppen to feel that the hosts should not say those things.