New Contributor

Re: Recommendation for New Vacuum Cleaner

@Murron wrote:

I find a canister is much easier to use for stairs, ceilings etc. Dyson does a canister if I'm not mistaken. I have a Dyson, but I find the wand a bit of a pain to re assemble when I use it, so I end up using a small vacuum for things I would use the wand for.

I agree with you Murron. I too am using a well known Canister Vaccum. I haven't faced any technical issues so far. I bought it two years ago. This particular model of Canister is what I am using. I think canister is a good choice - cheap and good quality.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Dyson Versus Other

I have a Dyson and a "clone", both are very good. The Dyson was pricy but it picks up dirt and I love not changing the bag. The Hoover is a "clone"--no ball but it is on the same principle and it has a retractable cord, something the Dyson doesn't have--and it's so much cheaper, it's astonishing. But it works every bit as well. 

If I have to rebuy, I'll be buying another of the  Windtunnel, you can go read reviews and see what other people have to say about it. 

Trusted Contributor

Is the Shark navigator light weight??  I heard the Dyson is pretty heavy..... Right now I have an electrolux tank vacuum and it is SO HEAVY  to pull around. Made to last centuries.... and it is 20 years old and still running great, but, I have upper back issues and have a hard time pulling it behind me.

Regular Contributor

I had an Orick XL for years -loved it -but gave it away when I fell for the Dyson hype. Had a Dyson Ball for several years and hated it and finally went back to Oreck after the Dyson broke and I was presented with a $180 bill.  Got the Oreck Gold and love it. Does a much better job than the Dyson. 

Honored Contributor

@joann1218 wrote:

How is the shark navigator lift away pro for doing stairs?

I bought this primarily because I have 2 sets of stairs and I need something I can lift easily.  I do the stairs both ways, as an upright and as a cannister with the tools.  The cannister gets into the corners of the stairs better, the upright is for a quick run over to fluff it all up.

I bought my Shark Navigator Lift Away from Costco based on reviews and recommendations here.  I felt I would be able to return it to Costco easily if I found that it wasn't for me.  I intended it to be for my basement but I love it so much I donated my Eureka and use the Shark for everything now.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN