New Contributor
How do you recharge the fountain and how long does a charge last?
Super Contributor

Re: Rechargeable tsv fountain

One charge lasts only 40 hours. I wish this was able to be plugged in like the one I already have. I like my fountain on all day, not for an hour or two. And at this rate I'd have to recharge it every 5 days or so. Bummer.

Honored Contributor

I own this fountain (bought it last year and bought the extra battery and I just bought the extra solar pad).

I never put it up. It's been laying in the yard since last year. This Spring the gardening center will put it up finally.

Here's why I will never own a fountain where the water doesn't move. It draws mosquitoes. If the fountain water moves mosquitoes will not lay eggs there.

I've bought from the bird store the stuff you put in the water to keep out the mosquitoes, but I don't like using it because it isn't natural and I worry that Jack the cat will jump up there and drink it (plus the birdies).

Anyway, I have several fountains and last year I put lillies in one of them with water dripping in it. It was beautiful but like everything in my life I lost interest.

Honored Contributor

Chilly and Annabelle, you need to read the specifications on this fountain. Chilly, it comes with an AC/DC adapter so you can use electricity if you wish. Annabelle, this is not a solar fountain and is not the same one sold in previous years. Fountains are "moving" water and Mosquitos do not breed in them. The water is constantly recirculating. Our golf course uses the exact same technology on a larger scale to keep Mosquitos from breeding in their ponds.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

If you want to know specifics, just watch the video.

Esteemed Contributor

On 2/15/2014 sarpy said:

If you want to know specifics, just watch the video.

Or listen to the presentation.

Honored Contributor

I just heard Jill do a presentation and she gave erroneous information. I called CS and the rep had the owner's manual which she read to me. Jill said the fountain is solar but it's not. The base has a battery compartment. You remove the battery, take it to an outlet and charge using the included AC adapter. There is an optional solar collector which will extend the run time but it's not included.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment