Trusted Contributor

Re: Received my TSV Clarks Shoes

I ordered the navy and I received them.  They just don't look as great as I thought they were going to look.  I ordered two sizes to make sure at least one would FIT.  That is my new thing with the Q.

If I really want an item, and I read the measurements or hear the commentary,  which I know can be wrong.  I order two sizes, a XL and a 1X or a size 11 and a size 12.

The size 11 fit me, I did not even bother to try on the size 12.  I think the larger sizes might be running a smidge larger.

I suspect that I will be returning both shoes, I'm going to try them on again tonight to see what I'm going to do.

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Respected Contributor

Mine arrived today and I really like them.  I got them in the metallic which is a very rich rose gold, looks great with the jute at the edge.  My usual Clark's size 8 1/2 fits well, heel doesn't slip, and no pressure points or anything irritating. 

Have worn them all afternoon and they are fine, not for long days of serious walking but they will work for me, for how I plan on wearing them.  Super cute too. 

I know others will disagree but when you are 71 and can only wear flats, it's so nice to get something new and different that looks nice and is comfy too.

For those needing more arch support I believe there is plenty of room to add an insert.

Respected Contributor

@Catch71wrote:

Sorry to the OP that they didn't work for you.  I got mine yesterday and they are perfect. My normal size fit just fine and the color navy was dark just like described.  I don't find the toe appearing to curl up at all and mine were very comfortable.  Guess I was lucky.

I hope I’m as lucky as you—I, too, ordered the navy in my regular size. 

Honored Contributor

I used to love Clarks until I had three pair come apart from the soles.

No matter how cute or how much of a deal they are, I'm done with them.

Contributor

Received mine in yellow today....color yellow was fine, but they are very wide in the toe area.  I really do need a tie to make a shoe adjustable.  Don't think these are as comfy as Skeckers my preferred brand.  Hope some have better luck.

Trusted Contributor

My red shoes arrived today.  I love the shade of red, will make them easy to wear with many things.  There is absolutely no support in these.  While they are soft inside, they could stand to have more padding.  I'm getting to think Clark's make all their TSV's on the cheap side.  Their TSV's never have the quality of their other shoes.  I will keep these, but sadden the quality is severely lacking in them.

Valued Contributor

I ordered the yellow in my regular 7M.  They are beautifully made and comfortable but they gape at the sides.  This pic only shows the right shoe but both shoes gape. There is about a 1/2" from the top of my foot to top of the shoe.  If you have a high arch these might work for you.  I don't, so sadly, I will be returning these shoes. IMG_5712.JPG

Respected Contributor

After spending way too much to return items, and getting "the letter," I'm super-careful about what I order and have stopped ordering shoes completely.  

Respected Contributor

@TootyJanewrote:

I ordered the yellow in my regular 7M.  They are beautifully made and comfortable but they gape at the sides.  This pic only shows the right shoe but both shoes gape. There is about a 1/2" from the top of my foot to top of the shoe.  If you have a high arch these might work for you.  I don't, so sadly, I will be returning these shoes. IMG_5712.JPG

I had a very similar problem with the gap on the top of the shoes, although mine did not gap on the sides like yours in the photo. Here's the review I posted on another thread:

Well, I am returning mine, but I really wanted to keep them! I liked the style, and the blue was a rich, deep color that would have coordinated with a lot of my navy items (I'm particular about how my "navies" look together). And, if they had fit both of my feet like they fit my right foot, I would have kept them. But, alas, my left foot is a bit smaller, and even with my memory foam insoles inserted, the left one was just too loose. The main problem I had was similar to a poster on another thread -- there was too much space between the vamp of the shoe and the top of my foot. Had my instep been higher, they would have been better. The heel fit well (no slipping). So, sadly, they'll go back, but they were worth a try to me, since I really like the shoe itself.

Occasional Visitor

I ordered the 81/2 M (which is what i always wear) in the Metallic. They are so loose on me like they were made for a wide foot which i do not have. I’m afraid after wearing them they will stretch & will really be loose. After reading all the comments i believe i will be returning.