New Contributor

Really Q You Change My Order

Really Q!  How disappointing to find out two of my orders are screwed up.  Ms Prindable's Apples. I order 10 for immediate ship week and received shipped and was going to be delivered today, but nothing and you even said shipped last week, and now I see you change my whole order to advance order for 12/4 and reduce the quantity not cool.  And The Squirrel nuts, shipped notice  went out last week, but UPS states not picked up.  God hopefully for my Vitamix I ordered.  Not a happy camper.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Really Q You Change My Order

a group of balloons with smiley faces on them and the words welcome to our group

Regular Contributor

I haven't had my order changed.  However, it has been canceled.  I used to get things I ordered in less than a week.  Now, several purchases haven't even shipped for over a week later.  Then, UPS is  getting slower.  It takes several days for something to be picked up and sent on its way after it's marked shipped.  Tomorrow, I'm scheduled for the delivery of two items which were ordered 10 days ago.  I believe that QVC is experiencing the same thing other places are.  The shipping gets slower and slower. 

There are so many people out of work.  Yet, some of the jobs I know about require training and licensing.  Nobody wants to take those jobs or has the licensing.  My daughter's company keeps down sizing.  Many are being laid off.  The banks have closed branches.  We have one bank branch here in town that has no tellers.  Its completely automated. There are 2 people to make sure things work.  Many jobs were eliminated.

There are over 400 homeless people in our town.  The businesses don't want them around.  The city doesn't know what to do with them.  The crime rates are up substantially.  I live in a town of just under 100,000.  We used to have maybe one murder per year.  So far, this year there have been 6 criminal murders.  The other crimes have skyrockeded.   

I'm just glad I can order things from a variety of companies.  These days, I always plan for the shipping problems.  I have never needed to have Christmas shopping done by Thanksgiving.  However, this year I will have it done and at my front door by December 1st.  I won't even address the prices and inflation.  

We don't live in the same world that used to exist.  I can't imagine living in another country though.  Times are difficult everywhere.  I'm sorry your order wasn't sent the way you planned.  I am thankful for the blessings I have and thankful I can still buy things and have them arrive, even though it takes awhile. 

Valued Contributor

@Tuppermore

Same thing happening here, our two neighborhood banks closed right up at the same time, right after a violent attack on that block.

Which means that instead of walking to take care of our business, we now have to drive miles.

And those banks were there for decades.

Honored Contributor

@rctn wrote:

Sadly, it's not unusual with Q.

Honored Contributor

@Tuppermore.  All this social commentary  just because UPS was slow picking up your order?  It's  the holiday season and not business as usual.  It will get worse before it gets better.  Patience is in order with all online retailers.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

@rctn wrote:

Sadly, it's not unusual with Q.

@CalminHeart.  Quite the contrary, it's  very unusual but typical of the holiday season with all online merchants.   I've been waiting 10 days for a Macy's  order to ship.   

I've had superior service from qvc the whole year and have been very pleased.  Some people just live to jump in with both feet when there's  an opportunity to gripe.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@rctn There are shipping problems everywhere right now.  I have received several notices from other companies that shipments will be delayed due to volume and shippings issues.   If your order was changed, it was probably due to the vendor not having anticipated supplies, not QVC being devious.   

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Trusted Contributor

That's not my experience. In over 30 years of shopping here anyway.

I have Amazon Prime and I have had problems getting orders from them.

I agree with others, shipping is a mess for all retailers this year.

I think a lot of people are shopping earlier this year, due to possible shipping problems and they can't re-order in time before the holidays are over.

Oh, the pressure!

merry christmas GIF

Respected Contributor

As far as I know, and unless you pay extra, Mrs. Prindables Apples ship from the vendor with a three day shipping. They don't ship for delivery over the weekend so if backed up it would ship on Monday or Tuesday and the soonest it would be expected would be Thursday.

Often UPS does not update their shipping information. I've had items shown as not picked up sitting on my doorstep.

I been experiencing several delays with items from several different sites.