Honored Contributor

The TSV is lame. Amazon has better prices and I don’t listen to cds anymore. Just digital music.

Honored Contributor

@TenderMercies wrote:

@tsavorite wrote:

@TenderMercies wrote:

Really?  $300 for a CD player that doesn’t even have Bluetooth capability?  I cringe when I think of how many people bought this, because they thought a young person in their life will appreciate it as a gift.  You might as well give them an 8-Track Player. 

Oh I didn't realize that....had ordered it but now I am thinking that's a deal breaker....Husband doesn't like that it doesn't have bluetooth....

@tsavorite This model has the exact same features and none more than the very first model that debuted over 20 years ago.

@TenderMercies    Bose has always used archaic technology.  They never had a five disk changer back when that's what I wanted to buy.  Who plays just one CD then turns it off?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor
E229914
@TenderMercies wrote:

@tsavorite wrote:

@TenderMercies wrote:

@tsavorite wrote:

@TenderMercies wrote:

Really?  $300 for a CD player that doesn’t even have Bluetooth capability?  I cringe when I think of how many people bought this, because they thought a young person in their life will appreciate it as a gift.  You might as well give them an 8-Track Player. 

Oh I didn't realize that....had ordered it but now I am thinking that's a deal breaker....Husband doesn't like that it doesn't have bluetooth....

@tsavorite This model has the exact same features and none more than the very first model that debuted over 20 years ago.

Oh bother....I have one of those already and thought this was a upgrade!!  Thanks for posting this....I cancelled it.  I'd rather have one with the bluetooth built in it....

@tsavorite Check out E229914, great price, free shipping, and 5 Easy Pays.  Best deal I’ve seen on a Bose Bluetooth speaker.

@tsavorite  @TenderMercies.   I have a Bose speaker that looks just like E229914, that I got on clearance at HSN  for $99, about a year ago.  I pair it with my Dot for fantastic sound quality.....better than the Echo.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Actually the identical Bose on Amazon was $200 more than the TSV. You can use a connector (not Included) to attach your phone or ipad to play musical content.  The connector is readily available for several dollars. I bought the TSV for my bedroom and yes, I still have a lot of CDs I like to play.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@chessylady wrote:

Actually the identical Bose on Amazon was $200 more than the TSV. You can use a connector (not Included) to attach your phone or ipad to play musical content.  The connector is readily available for several dollars. I bought the TSV for my bedroom and yes, I still have a lot of CDs I like to play.

What “connector?”  Is this an aux cable or something that turns it into a Bluetooth device?  What exactly is the name of this connector?

Honored Contributor

@TenderMercies...you said exactly what I’ve been saying to my husband ALL DAY LONG! Why would anyone want a non-bluetooth capable sound system? And the funniest part is they sold out! 

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Trusted Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@TenderMercies...you said exactly what I’ve been saying to my husband ALL DAY LONG! Why would anyone want a non-bluetooth capable sound system? And the funniest part is they sold out! 

@SurferWife QVC’s electronics are always old.  It’s like the companies that make these products hand over all their old inventory to QVC for a low price, then QVC marks it up and sells it to uninformed customers.  Like I said earlier, imagine someone’s 18 year old grandkid getting this for Christmas.  They’d have to be so polite to their grandparent when receiving the gift, and when they’d try to sell it the next day, they’d discover it’s worth nothing.  

Respected Contributor

It is an auxillary cable to attach the bose to a phone or ipad. It costs around $6. The device to turn it into bluetooth costs $135.

Trusted Contributor

@TenderMercies wrote:

@tsavorite wrote:

@TenderMercies wrote:

@tsavorite wrote:

@TenderMercies wrote:

Oh bother....I have one of those already and thought this was a upgrade!!  Thanks for posting this....I cancelled it.  I'd rather have one with the bluetooth built in it....

@tsavorite Check out E229914, great price, free shipping, and 5 Easy Pays.  Best deal I’ve seen on a Bose Bluetooth speaker.

@TenderMercies I bought the little Bluetooth speaker for my bf at Costco for about $86. They only have black, but it sounds great, was easy to set up, and the distance from the device was impressive. I might get the soundbar from Costco, too.

Honored Contributor

if their sound is so great I wonder why they won't or don't want to update their tech to BT or streaming