Esteemed Contributor

Ewww!  Did I hear them say these burgers can be returned?!  What do they do with the returned meat?

Honored Contributor

@Biftu wrote:

Ewww!  Did I hear them say these burgers can be returned?!  What do they do with the returned meat?

@Biftu  If you don't like a food product, CS will usually tell you not to send it back and they refund you. That's my experience.

Contributor

Buy from your grocery store.  This beef is nothing special at all.  Wagyu is notheing more than a type of cattle but is no comparison to Kobe, which you can't buy legally in the US.

Contributor

No, Wagyu is a US copy cat version of Kobe, which you can't buy in the US (illegal).

Honored Contributor

@Biftu wrote:

Yes, I did hear Terri Conn say that today.  She noted happily that you have thirty days to return the product if it doesn't meet with your approval.  I knew what she meant - since food products are never actually returned - but it was an odd way to put it.

Honored Contributor

Kobe is high-fat beef and I want no part of it.  I don't like beef with lots of fat in it, so I buy excellent quality but lower fat burger meat or grind my own.  That's my favorite kind of burger!  

Trusted Contributor

@Seriously20 wrote:

No, Wagyu is a US copy cat version of Kobe, which you can't buy in the US (illegal).

False. 

Trusted Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

Kobe is high-fat beef and I want no part of it.  I don't like beef with lots of fat in it, so I buy excellent quality but lower fat burger meat or grind my own.  That's my favorite kind of burger!  

Correct. It's very tasty because of the fat but I would never eat more than a few if that a year. I'm with you on the low fat meats. 

Trusted Contributor

@Seriously20 wrote:

Buy from your grocery store.  This beef is nothing special at all.  Wagyu is notheing more than a type of cattle but is no comparison to Kobe, which you can't buy legally in the US.

Why are you going on and on misinforming people? Kobe IS a variety of Wagyu. You can buy it in the US since 2012. 

Respected Contributor

I couldnt believe the claim that a comparable burger would sell for $100 in a restauant. Ive seen burgers as high as $15 in a resraurant but i personally would not pay more than  ten dollars for a burger.  I can get Quarter Pounders at McDonalds for about 5 dollars and change and they use fresh beef.