Respected Contributor
Wagyu is a type of Japanese cattle. They have stopped importing them due to mad cow disease. The ones that were here were crossed with American cattle. I think some of the ones he is talking about are 48% wagyu.

Kobe only from Japan.

Should be a good burger
Regular Contributor

I checked my home grocery delivery firm, Fresh Direct, and I can buy these burgers fresh, not frozen, for a better value.  Check the price per pound.  I can buy a couple at a time fresh at a better price & delivered.  Why do I need to store 12 or 24 in my freezer?

Respected Contributor

The cows first came from Japan and now raised in US.

When I heard Japan I went ugh but my husband knew all about this before QVC told me.  

Burgers are US.

Honored Contributor

Q timed this one right.  Everyone will want to fill their freezers with meat given the shortages in the offing.  I predict a sell-out.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I never have or will buy meat from any place outside.of the US.  Not because of  the outbreak.  Support our farmers has always been with me.  I figure I buy local.when I can other items but not always the case but meat I can.

Honored Contributor

Re: Rastelli upcoming tsv

[ Edited ]

@Roscoe the Rascal wrote:

I never have or will buy meat from any place outside.of the US.  Not because of  the outbreak.  Support our farmers has always been with me.  I figure I buy local.when I can other items but not always the case but meat I can.

@Roscoe the Rascal  These Wagyu beef burgers are made from cattle right here in the United States.  Wagyu cattle was brought to the US in 1970.  Rastelli gets this beef right here, on small family farms in Ohio.  

Respected Contributor

The price per lb is $12.12.   It says Kobe "style"....  which is different from actually being Kobe.  I haven't seen the presentation, but just want to point that out,. 

Super Contributor

I will stick with Sirloin 9oz repeat ever 2 months.. Burgers 1/4 lb no cheese FF no salt

@McDonalds drive up excuse to go out!

Honored Contributor

I think the term kobe-style means it is produced in the US and has the same charasteristics as kobe beef (marbeling, etc.).  Can't label it as Kobe if not from Kobe, Japan cattle.

Contributor
In the video presentation, the vendor says that the cattle are raised by Ohio farmers.