Trusted Contributor

Re: Rastelli upcoming tsv

[ Edited ]

Reever,

Obviously you've never been to a meat processing farm here in USA.  Our meat processing operations aren't much to brag about.  They are so bad that it is ILLEGAL to go inside and film any of it because they don't want the public to see it for themselves.  This law was passed a few years ago.  

Many of the plants won't let USDA inspectors inside, and there are fewer inspectors to begin with because these jobs have been cut over the past few years.  This was a segment on "60 Minutes" awhile back.

Bill Mahr's show (HBO) on 4/24/20 had an excellent segment on this subject.  I hope many, many people will watch it if they haven't already.

There is also good information on this subject from the Humane Society of the United States.  

Honored Contributor

You'd best place orders asap, given that folks here are talking about a coming meat shortage.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Reever:

Wagyu is a breed of cattle. They were originally bred in Japan, but they are also bred, fattened, and slaughtered in the US A. Not all Wagyu beef comes from Japan. 

Rastelli does not import its chopmeat. It definitely comes from the USA, but you have no way of knowing what the conditions were in place at the processing plant. Your risk for meat you buy in the USA is not limited to meat imported from Asia. Reserve your doubts for American meat handling as well. 

I'm quite sure Rastelli or the host  will address these concerns when the TSV is presented. You can then decide if you feel safe to purchase. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@DottieBlue wrote:

Bill Mahr's show (HBO) on 4/24/20 had an excellent segment on this subject.  I hope many, many people will watch it if they haven't already.

Yes, the Bill Maher segment is very good - scary about American meat processing.  It's found on YouTube: "America's Wet Markets."

Respected Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

@DottieBlue wrote:

Yes, the Bill Maher segment is very good - scary about American meat processing.  It's found on YouTube: "America's Wet Markets."

Im too scared to watch it. I have over 500 dollars of frozen meats in my freezer now and if I became squeemish watching it I would inevitably throw it all away.  Huge PASS from me, never cared for Bill Mahr and his ideologies anyway. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

It is kobe style beef smashed burgers. Different ship dates.

It is on the front page of the website where all the TSV's are listed.

I would not get it for the sheer fact that Kobe beef is so high in fat. I have seen someone eating a Kobe beef steak and while tender and tasty (according to person eating), the amount of fat vs meat was gross looking.

I felt my cholesterol going up just watching this person eat. Apparently it is the fat that makes it tender and tasty.

Spoiler

^^^^^ No idea why this banner is here?

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

Due to the nature of the pandemic, I am only consuming USDA Beef.   No pork or any imported foods from Asia.

I am pretty sure this is USDA beef - produced here.  (hence the name Kobe-style beef).  Although I would have no problems consuming anything from Japan. 

Contributor

It is on tonight April 29

Respected Contributor

Does anyone know if these are better than the Kansas steak burgers?  I do not see good comments or reviews on the rastelli burgers.

Super Contributor