Contributor

Buyer beware--I had these steaks the last time they were a tsv.  All of the autoships were good until the last one--they don't even resemble the other.  They are garbage and now they are almost $40 more!!

Respected Contributor

Re: Rastelli's TSV

[ Edited ]

@joy51 

The  ONLY product I've ever gotten a QVC refund on was Rastelli's "reserve" rib eyes...I think it was  old beef liver (that's what it looked like anyway)....terrible.

Actually...I think ALL the beef Rastelli's shows is purchased from the local Wegmans or Walmart near QVC park...because what you GET is not what you SEE. ( My opinion only).

And people...the "pork ribeyes" that Rastelli AND Curtis Stone sell are almost 20% "solution"...a FIFTH of their weight.... of chemicals to make them "fork tender".

Read the nutrition information on the item page...it's located on the top of the description in microscopic print for both these vendors. A fact they NEVER mention on air ( although CS did breeze over that fact in one show I saw...between the hyperbole and jabber....that's what prompted me to look it up....

Those chemicals are probably not "harmful"(?)...but who wants to eat them????

If I injected the soles of my shoes with almost a fifth of thier volume with chemical "solution"...they'd  be fork tender too!!!! But I don't want them for dinner!!!!

Pass on any meat product of Rastelli's for me. I think their "reserve" items were "reserved" in a meat locker in New Jersey since Y2K....at least that's what the ones I got looked like!!!

If what I got were ribeyes, then I'm the Queen of England!!!!

And "marbling" is FAT. Not "meat candy", not "golden brown delicious", not Happy Dance Happy Dance, not some other cute name....it's FAT.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Rastelli's TSV

[ Edited ]

I buy all my meats at Costco. I got 5 nice ribeye steaks for under $30 two weeks ago. They are at least an inch thick if not more and taste great. Very tender and one steak feeds two of us. I want to see the meat I'm buying. 

Honored Contributor

I'm confused...you said all the autoships were good until the last one?

Sounds like you just had one bad batch....hope you just easily called for a full refund.

Can't really speak to the ones being sold now as garbage though.  You would have no way of knowing that.

But can definitely speak to the price increase, which doesn't surprise me in the least.

This recession has caused all prices to go up terribly!

Eggs?  Meat?  Dairy?  ALL produce!   Everything has gone up!!

Respected Contributor

@Meowingkitty wrote:

I buy all my meats at Costco. I got 5 nice ribeye steaks for under $30 two weeks ago. They are at least an inch thick if not more and taste great. Very tender and one steak feeds two of us. I want to see the meat I'm buying. 

@Meowingkitty    Same here....

Super Contributor

I eat a whole food plant based diet. The picture looks yucky to me! But, to each his or her own. They can put what ever they want into their bodies.

Honored Contributor

I will never understand why people buy food from TV.

Esteemed Contributor

I  normally don't buy food on TV, especially meat.  I am a Whole Foods, Trader Joes, and Butcher shop girl.  However I have had Curtis Stone's  Prime Rib a couple of times and it was quite delicious.  NO harmful chemicals in the ingredients.  I don't see anything regarding a "20% solution" of chemicals in the ingredients list for his pork ribeyes either   It's simply a 20% solution of water and spices.   Get a grip.

Respected Contributor

@joy51 wrote:

Buyer beware--I had these steaks the last time they were a tsv.  All of the autoships were good until the last one--they don't even resemble the other.  They are garbage and now they are almost $40 more!!

I buy quite a lot of meat from QVC,and have always been happy with it.Seafood, chicken, pork,have never had a complaint. I bought the steaks last  night and am pondering if I should have gone auto delivery.I'm 89, don"t get out and to me this is perfect.  

Respected Contributor

@LindaSal 

A 20% solution of water and onion salt powder.

OK got it. 

A FIFTH of what you paid for is WATER and powdered spices.

Rastellis IS chemical injected Read the ingredient list.

20% is ONE FIFTH of what you are paying for, of the 6 oz per serving.

What a bargain. 1.2 ounces of that 6 oz ribeye is WATER or chemicals.

Math are hard. Only $100.00!!!

( or looked at another way, 20 dollars of that package is ....water).

But it IS free shipping!!! So there's that.