Esteemed Contributor

Re: Rastelli's Steak Burgers TSV 5/4

@fthunt wrote:

@Carolina925 Know your source of meat ..........they repeat and repeat it again in every TV presentation.

Ohio is known for many Amish farmers - and that's in the US of A !!

Imho that's another reason not to buy this product.  The Amish are known to be cruel to animals - just google it!  They also have puppy mills!!!

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

Not for me - too expensive, IMO.  I'll stick with my Grassfed Waygu Burgers In Costco's freezer case. 

We were at Costco yesterday. They didn't have the Waygu burgers this time but did have grassfed.  A package of 15  1/3 lb. patties was somewhere around $25

Respected Contributor

@eddyandme 

You are correct.  I live in Pennsylvania and we have populations of Amish.  The farms are beautiful  Their produce is excellent.  However, I have been to outdoor markets run by the Amish and there were flies everywhere.  Many conditions are not sanitary.  There were horses outside the market stalls..well, use your imaginations.  I'm not saying all markets are like that, but investigate before you purchase from those sources.   Sadly, some of them do have puppy mills.  Most of those animals end up with health problems as they mature.  So, again, just be a smart consumer.  Buyer, beware. 

Respected Contributor

I detect a whif of dishonesty here....

Mr. Rastelli clearly shows rib eye AND a big ole piece of chuck...how much is chuck? Nowhere can I find out.

On the ingredients list on Q's description of the product, it's called a "craft burger":

"(12) or (24) 5.33 oz. Black Angus
Beef Ribeye & Chuck Craft Burger"...from the ingredient label.

How much is chuck? One of the cheapest ( albeit tasty) cuts used for pot roast?

Why imply it's RIB EYE STEAK when it contains chuck, which yes it has been shown and sort of kind of glossed over in the presentation?

And "plumping when heated"? 

That's just a reaction of meat muscle fibers to the extreme heat of the grill. Not to be morbid, but when a person is a seriously burned, there is leakage of liquid from the tissue that causes immediate swelling. Those burgers of loosely packed muscle meat are swelling because of the breakdown of the meat muscle tissue during heating on the heat source. Nothing magic about it. Sorry if this is too graphic. 

Lastly...I'm suspicious of the source of that Reserve Rib Eye because I ordered the Reserve Ribeye steaks earlier this year, and they were TERRIBLE. I got a refund first time ever in 25+ years and thousands of dollars spent at QVC. 

I think they were "reserved" from Y2K ( the year 2000!!!!)

Reviews of that steak were terrible too. So what did they do with that "reserve" ribeye meat that didn't sell? Grind it up, add some chuck, and sell it as "craft burgers"?

Anyway...12 for 70.00 is 17.50 a pound ( 1/3 pound each one or 4 pounds of meat)...the larger order of 24 is 8 pounds of meat for 13.75 a pound.

That's a lot per pound for burgers containing ANY chuck. But the styro box is nice, and the black box is pretty, and the "idea" of "special cows" is kinda cute!!! So that extra price is ..well, a LOT for mixture with chuck in it!!!

95,000 cows a DAY are slaughtered in this country alone, so 4000 a day are "special cows"(?) (4%) ...so in a week, 28,000 "special cows" meet thier maker to be ground into chuck and some part of the ribeye. I wonder how they're isolated on the feed lots? 

Prettty Good Marketting!!!!

It's burger people.

Respected Contributor

@Othereeeen wrote:

Good one! Maybe they were!

Respected Contributor

@Othereeeen wrote:

I detect a whif of dishonesty here....

Mr. Rastelli clearly shows rib eye AND a big ole piece of chuck...how much is chuck? Nowhere can I find out.

On the ingredients list on Q's description of the product, it's called a "craft burger":

"(12) or (24) 5.33 oz. Black Angus
Beef Ribeye & Chuck Craft Burger"...from the ingredient label.

How much is chuck? One of the cheapest ( albeit tasty) cuts used for pot roast?

Why imply it's RIB EYE STEAK when it contains chuck, which yes it has been shown and sort of kind of glossed over in the presentation?

And "plumping when heated"? 

That's just a reaction of meat muscle fibers to the extreme heat of the grill. Not to be morbid, but when a person is a seriously burned, there is leakage of liquid from the tissue that causes immediate swelling. Those burgers of loosely packed muscle meat are swelling because of the breakdown of the meat muscle tissue during heating on the heat source. Nothing magic about it. Sorry if this is too graphic. 

Lastly...I'm suspicious of the source of that Reserve Rib Eye because I ordered the Reserve Ribeye steaks earlier this year, and they were TERRIBLE. I got a refund first time ever in 25+ years and thousands of dollars spent at QVC. 

Reviews of that steak were terrible too. So what did they do with that "reserve" ribeye meat that didn't sell? Grind it up, add some chuck, and sell it as "craft burgers"?

Anyway...12 for 70.00 is 17.50 a pound ( 1/3 pound each one or 4 pounds of meat)...the larger order of 24 is 8 pounds of meat for 13.75 a pound.

That's a lot per pound for burgers containing ANY chuck. But the styro box is nice, and the black box is pretty, and the "idea" of "special cows" is kinda cute!!! So that extra price is ..well, a LOT for mixture with chuck in it!!!

95,000 cows a DAY are slaughtered in this country alone, so 4000 a day are "special cows"(?) (4%) ...so in a week, 28,000 "special cows" meet thier maker to be ground into chuck and some part of the ribeye. I wonder how they're isolated on the feed lots? 

Prettty Good Marketting!!!!

It's burger people.

I refuse to get swindled by this man and his outlandish prices.  Used to enjoy some of his things years ago but his prices have sky rocketed.

Esteemed Contributor

I ordered these once & the texture gagged me.