Honored Contributor

Re: Rastelli’s Ribeye Steak Burgers

Most of the food prices on QVC you have to compare to how much it would cost to buy it prepared, not what it would cost to buy the main ingredient and make it yourself.  Of course, per lb uncooked meat is going to cost a lot less.

I do have a question about cooking though.  I have only seen part of a presentation, but David was saying you could cook on the grill from frozen 4 min. per side for medium rare.  We have some uncooked frozen patties from Costco and figured we could also try that with those, but I was wondering how the 4 minutes per side would translate to the Ninja grill (indoor one).  Anybody done this?  DH has been defrosting them and then cooking them on the grill.  

Esteemed Contributor

I succumbed and am trying them for the first time.  Hope they taste as good as they look.  

Respected Contributor

I have to admit, these look incrediby good on the air.  I don't eat burgers often, so the 12 pack would probably last me a year.  Although I don't normally eat a 5.3 oz burger with 30 grams of fat but that is probably the same as eating one out and I suppose once in a while that would be ok.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MG Chris wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

At $17.50 a pound they ought to be good....and cook and serve themselves.

I have never had Rastelli's burgers, but have had Kansas City's and Omaha Steak burgers.

They were good, but not outstanding.  I think the price is very high because of the shipping fees.  Coolers and dry ice add to the cost too.

If you get them, I hope they're great.  Enjoy.

I have never had them but Sam’s sells prime rib burgers and they are fabulous. They come in two sizes, slider or regular. Because they are hand formed I buy  them and can break them apart and use them in place of hamburger meat in recipes. I used to buy organic grass fed hamburger and these have replaced that in my recipes.

I had to go to Sam's today, so I checked out the prime rib burgers.  They only had

x-large ones.  They were not hand formed.  

I could tell they were cut with an electric slicer after being in a roll...perhaps a roll wrapped in plastic like a big sausage.

The price was right, so I bought a pack with eight.  I wrapped in them in two's and put them in the freezer.  I hope they taste good.

I figure I can always turn them into Hamburg BBQ if they aren't flavorful.  They won't go to waste.

Respected Contributor

We actually just went to Sam's yesterday and I looked at their fresh sirloin burgers and was tempted.  They run about 4.50 a pound and a pack of 8 was a little over $16.00. Little less sodium than thenTSV and so much cheaper.  I think the Rastelli burger is way too expensive.  I typically make my own burgers from waygu beef but I my try the Sams next time.  Most prepared foods are high and for me, too much sodium.  

Valued Contributor

@Snowpuppy wrote:

KC or Omaha Steak was my choice for years but now prefer Rastellis. I think their flavor and texture is better.

I usually order their triple blended craft burger which is also 5.3 oz. I price per burger as well. There isn't a single fast food place here that offers a burger under $6. As someone else said, take one out and they're on the table in 15 minutes.

I've shopped Rastellis website. They do offer grass fed, grain fed and Waygu beef items.

I am tempted to try these as I'm running low.

Omaha Steak sells these ribeye steak burger for 6ounce , 24 count $99 free shipping and $30 off the $159 offer  .

Contributor

I bought these last time. Preferred my local grocer's. I do love Rastelli's other meats. I will continue to order everything but the steak burgers. 

QVC Customer Care
Occasional Visitor

I really get tired of them showing raw meat in the center of these hamburgers they are extremely rare and I don't think that the blood coming out of them is appealing at all
Trusted Contributor

@SurferWife   We have had them before and we love them!   My husband had me order the 24 pack.  They are very convenient to have in the house.   We ate out yesterday and one burger cost 13$.   So to us this is a good deal.