Respected Contributor

Does anyone know which country the crab meat comes from for these crabcakes?🤔

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Honored Contributor

Re: Rastelli's Crab Cakes TSV

[ Edited ]

I would never buy any crab cakes that dont come from Maryland and are not made in Maryland, these are not authentic crab cakes!! Plenty of the restaurants in MD mail their crab cakes all over the country and 5 0z is very small. Most in the restaurants here are 8 oz and sometimes even 10 oz.  You have not tasted a real crab cake unless it comes from Maryland!!! Some crab meat comes from China, which you do not want.  I can recommend a few of the restaurants here who mail their crab cakes.  And you can inquire with them where they are getting their crab meat from now. 

Regular Contributor

G&M Crabcakes in Maryland are the best.  But wowzer.  They have gone up in price.  I was tempted by the TSV but noticed that each one has a few chunks of crab on top but when they cut into each one, it was a lot of shredding not more chunks. 

Honored Contributor

G and M is wonderful but so are Pappas, this is one of O's faves!!! Also highly recommend Olive Grove. 

Honored Contributor

It says they are from Egg Habor.  I think that is in New Jersey.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

It says they are from Egg Habor.  I think that is in New Jersey.

That just means that they are being made in NJ, the OP wants to know where the company is buying the crab meat from, could be anywhere from MD to Louisiana to China to Malyasia. 

Honored Contributor

@Jannygaz wrote:

G&M Crabcakes in Maryland are the best.  But wowzer.  They have gone up in price.  I was tempted by the TSV but noticed that each one has a few chunks of crab on top but when they cut into each one, it was a lot of shredding not more chunks. 

I noticed that.  I remember they used to sell a different brand crab cake that when they cut into it, the crab was throughout the cake.  It seemed like they tried not to cut all the way into these so you wouldn't notice that. 

Honored Contributor

Years ago Q sold Chesapeake Bay Gourmet crab cakes, made right here in MD, they were delish, the owners who were on the Q Ron and Margie Kaufman. 

Honored Contributor

Not only does it not state where the crab is from but on the Q& A section for the product other questions about the product were answered by someone from Q or the company but the crab's origin questions were left unanswered. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I wish more people would back me up on this. If a food or cosmetic/personal care products company does not post its ingredients, I don't buy the product. 

No ingredients list and no nutrition label for this product.