Esteemed Contributor

Rastelli's Crab Cakes TSV

[ Edited ]
It is not that difficult to make your own. This way you know what the ingredients are and where you sourced them..The recipe appears easy. JMO
Regular Contributor

Re: Rastelli's Crab Cakes TSV

$40.00 per pound, I'll pass!

Trusted Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Mindy D wrote:

I wish more people would back me up on this. If a food or cosmetic/personal care products company does not post its ingredients, I don't buy the product. 

No ingredients list and no nutrition label for this product.

I got as far as high fructose corn syrup and cheap soybean oil. Junk food.😳

It is in the mayo 

Honored Contributor

why do they think a viewer wants to see 4 people selling an item?

Respected Contributor

@Shelbelle 

@Jannygaz 

Ha I just knew some of us Baltimore/Chesapeake Bay folks would chime in on this one!!!  You guys are absolutely correct...nothing like a MD crabcake...and yes as you all said, for those of you who aren't crabcake savvy, Jimmy's Seafood in Dundalk, MD delivers all over US.  Not sure if G&M does but yeah, their crabcakes are like softballs and delicious.   These aren't crabcakes to me.  

Honored Contributor

there is a lot of fishing at the Jersey shore, the fishing boats in Barnegat light are the biggest shipper of scallops,

however, I don't think Rastelli can get enough crab cakes for the TSV from New Jersey

Respected Contributor

Those crab cakes are ready to sell out it sounds like. Even the remoulade sauce duo sold out. People are nuts.
Trusted Contributor

The price is BEYOND RIDICULOUS - $40 a pound. Some of the ingredients are JUNK - high fructose corn syrup and LOTS of sodium - 683 mg. for 1 crab cake. 

Respected Contributor

I'm very picky about where my seafood comes from. We have blue crabs here in coastal SC and it's very expensive. During the holidays, I bought a 4 oz container of lump crabmeat for $32. Usually, unless you know that seafood is locally caught in your own area, it's farm raised from other countries. I thought it was very deceptive of Rastelli's (or whatever they call their seafood brand) to have that big bushel of cooked blue crabs and  avoid discussion of what their crabmeat is or where it came from. I'm not speaking of where they cook/prepare it, I want to know where the food is "grown". I love Rastelli's beef but am extremely disappointed in this item. I remember Chesapeake Bay crabcakes from years ago and ordered quite a few before they finally got into trouble selling Maryland crab that was actually swimming crab from who knows where. They were shut down pronto. Real sea farming is very expensive and the farmers usually don't get paid much, like land farmers, so I don't mind paying more for locally caught seafood.

Contributor

There isn't any crab better than Maryland crab. It's worth the price to pay for Maryland crab meat. IMO