Honored Contributor

Re: Rastelli TSV - STOP SQUISHING THE MEAT!

Turkey hamburgers can be wonderful, depending on the recipe. If you just slap a patty in a skillet or broiler and that's it, it will probably be pretty dry. But if you use a good recipe, it will have ingredients that help the taste and texture. We love them, and we even use the extra-lean turkey.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Contributor

If you don't care for the presentations, change the channel,  Why fuss about something you can change.  Change the channel.  

Trusted Contributor

All I saw was grease being pressed out of those burgers.

Regular Contributor

@FuzzyFace wrote:

@Mayfayre wrote:

@RespectLife wrote:

What a silly thread! 

Sorry but that is the way you SELL food!  I would change the channel the entire day if it bothers you that bad.

It is a TSV.

It will be on ALL day.

They will be showing the juice.

I have never had Rastelli burgers but have had their steaks and liked them a lot.

It might be silly to you, but it is not to me, which is why I commented on it. I feel that the amount of time devoted during the presentations to squishing meat is completely unnecessary in order to sell the product. And I won't be watching the presentations because they do annoy me. If my eyes aren't on the presentation, then I'm not buying the product. I know for a fact from other websites that I'm on, that I'm not alone in my annoyance. So, those eyes aren't buying either. That's not going to hurt the Q's bottom line; I realize that. But it begins to train viewers to change the channel away from the Q, instead of just leaving it on as background noise.

If it seems silly to you, please feel free to ignore it and continue to enjoy the shows.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What a silly argument!

Not an argument, merely a clarification and rebuttal to a post that was addressed to me.

I'll just repeat, in reponse to your comment, if the thread seems silly to you, please feel free to ignore it and continue to enjoy the shows. Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

@fierowoman wrote:

If you don't care for the presentations, change the channel,  Why fuss about something you can change.  Change the channel.  

Of course, I can change the channel, just like all of us can, when something or someone is on-air that/who we are not enjoying. That's the easy thing to do.

One of the purposes of this forum however, is for TPTB at the Q to get free feedback from viewers and customers who are willing to spend their time to post. That was the point of this thread - to give voice to an opinion that I and others share on a particular topic to the Q. Of course not everyone shares that opinion; I wouldn't expect everyone to do so.

If I change the channel without commenting, then how does the Q get feedback that something they are doing is turning away potential customers? If none of us comment in this forum about our likes or dislikes, how do they get almost real-time feedback on the thought processes of their regular viewers? Make no mistake, these forums are a valuable source of no-cost, instant survey information to them and they are read, even if any communication to us in response is done via mods.

Honored Contributor

@Mayfayre wrote:

@fierowoman wrote:

Of course, I can change the channel, just like all of us can, when something or someone is on-air that/who we are not enjoying. That's the easy thing to do.

One of the purposes of this forum however, is for TPTB at the Q to get free feedback from viewers and customers who are willing to spend their time to post. That was the point of this thread - to give voice to an opinion that I and others share on a particular topic to the Q. Of course not everyone shares that opinion; I wouldn't expect everyone to do so.

If I change the channel without commenting, then how does the Q get feedback that something they are doing is turning away potential customers? If none of us comment in this forum about our likes or dislikes, how do they get almost real-time feedback on the thought processes of their regular viewers? Make no mistake, these forums are a valuable source of no-cost, instant survey information to them and they are read, even if any communication to us in response is done via mods.

@Mayfayre.  I could be way off but I don't think the powers that be read these threads. If you contact mods and ask them to pass it on they usually will. 

I think your best bet is to email or write to corporate offices. 

Frequent Contributor

What a silly thread, but ... I'll bite ... No mustard please. Seeing a juicy piece of meat being exploited for it's juiciness doesn't bother me.

I sort of have an adversion to the squishing of cookies and brownies etc between fingers. But that's a quick of mine. I see a cookie squished between two fingers and I think ... You ruined it! But, life goes on and I will find unsquished cookies.
Frequent Contributor

Sry ... Quirk not quick.
Frequent Contributor

@twinsister wrote:

@luvdoodles wrote:

Has anyone actually tried the Rastelli hamburgers or the turkey burgers. I don't watch the food shows too often so never have tried them.  They would be convenient for me during the Summer when people drop by unexpectedly. I wish they came in a mix assortment like the pot stickers do.

Please let me know what you think of them. TIA

@luvdoodles I have only tried the turkey burgers.  The first order was delicious, very flavorful and not dry, which prompted me to place a second order.  Big mistake and I should have paid attention to the more recent reviews.  There was gristle and bone chips in each turkey burger I have made so far (five).  That was the major complaint in the recent reviews.  I don't know what happened, but the quality went downhill and I threw out the remaining burgers today.  I can't speak for the hamburgers, but I won't be ordering any Rastelli products going forward.

The hamburgers were tasteless ...I ordered the combo pack because that's the only way I could try two varieties ....(plain & bacon)..I was sent all Plain ....don't like them at all...I want to get a refund..I did ask Customer Sevice but I haven't been given my refund yet!