Regular Contributor
Accepted Solution

Rastelli TSV - STOP SQUISHING THE MEAT!

Enough already with the squishing of the cooked meat to show how juicy it supposedly is! Enough! You're over-doing it! I don't want to spend my viewing hours watching meat juices squirting all over the place. Or watch the OAP sprain his wrist by pressing down on a huge stack of cooked hamburgers THAT WOULD NEVER BE SERVED THAT WAY!

ANY piece of meat cut immediately after being taken off the heat is going to ooze water, fat, and blood if some weight compresses it - unless, of course, if it was burnt to a crisp.

Every single chef/cook worth there salt knows that you have to let meat rest for a short while after it's removed from the heat so that the juices re-incorporate inside and aren't all lost with the first bite.

You can just show us the cooked and sliced meat. We've all eaten enough food in our lives to visually judge if a piece of cooked meat will be moist and tender. No need to squish it unappetizingly into paste!
Respected Contributor

Re: Rastelli TSV - STOP SQUISHING THE MEAT!

It is going to be a long day with lots of squishing going on.

Frequent Contributor

I hate the squishing too!....They won't give a straight answer to if it is grass fed or not...they say it's not certified grass fed, but they do feed them grass...

Honored Contributor

That would be a reason to hold my interest - to see that it was moist.  The burgers were not just immediately cooked and have been setting there for a time so it does show it's still juicy and that is a great selling point! To just show a plate of burgers does nothing to encourage orders.  In fact I probably would just change the channel if I couldn't see that.  Cheap burgers do not look like that and even after immediately taking off the grill or pan  are not that juicy and have to be eaten immediately or they are dry.  These do not seem to be based on the presentations.    

Esteemed Contributor

That's one reason I don't buy food products anymore from QVC!  They won't tell you if it's organic, where it's sourced, free range, etc.  When a company is not forthcoming to me it's a red flag to distrust them and the product.

Also, the time in shipping can be mind-boggling.  Even when iced-packed, one must wonder if and how many times it was defrosted and refrozen.  Just way to iffy for me!

Respected Contributor

Has anyone actually tried the Rastelli hamburgers or the turkey burgers. I don't watch the food shows too often so never have tried them.  They would be convenient for me during the Summer when people drop by unexpectedly. I wish they came in a mix assortment like the pot stickers do.

Please let me know what you think of them. TIA

Honored Contributor

What a silly thread! 

Sorry but that is the way you SELL food!  I would change the channel the entire day if it bothers you that bad.

It is a TSV.

It will be on ALL day.

They will be showing the juice.

I have never had Rastelli burgers but have had their steaks and liked them a lot.

Respected Contributor

I am looking forward to the food shows today.  Squishing or no squishing - whatever.  I think they are just showing that the meat isn't dry.  What is the big deal?

Honored Contributor

People will say, "I get ground beef from my supermarket, why would I purchase them on TV?"  Rastelli is selling the burgers the best way to show that his are superior, whether you buy that or not, it's your decision. 

Plenty, and I mean plenty of burgers do not retain their juicy texture or tender taste after they are cooked.  I definitely want to see that these burgers are indeed juicy after they are cooked, to me that is a very important selling point. 

I've had these burgers (not the turkey burgers though), and they are fantastic.  Yes, you can get fantastic burgers at the better food stores, but that's just like anything else here or online. 

Regular Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

What a silly thread! 

Sorry but that is the way you SELL food!  I would change the channel the entire day if it bothers you that bad.

It is a TSV.

It will be on ALL day.

They will be showing the juice.

I have never had Rastelli burgers but have had their steaks and liked them a lot.

It might be silly to you, but it is not to me, which is why I commented on it. I feel that the amount of time devoted during the presentations to squishing meat is completely unnecessary in order to sell the product. And I won't be watching the presentations because they do annoy me. If my eyes aren't on the presentation, then I'm not buying the product. I know for a fact from other websites that I'm on, that I'm not alone in my annoyance. So, those eyes aren't buying either. That's not going to hurt the Q's bottom line; I realize that. But it begins to train viewers to change the channel away from the Q, instead of just leaving it on as background noise.

If it seems silly to you, please feel free to ignore it and continue to enjoy the shows.