Occasional Contributor

I'm watching the TSV being presented.  Kirsten is the host and another person seems to be the rep.  Rakia is sitting at a table with a computer.  I was just wondering what we role is.  Last week, she was selling clothing on HSN.

Respected Contributor

@ertimo: Welcome to the boards! Smiley Happy Perhaps you are new to QVC. All hosts are usually accompanied by a vendor/ spokesperson. I don't know if Rakia was on HSN last week but many spokespersons are what is called Brand Ambassadors. So, you may see them representing various different products.

Respected Contributor

Since HSN and QVC are now owned by the same company we are seeing more 'crossover' people.  They said she is a loyal Dell user and probably flew her up from Tampa to demonstrate some of the capabilities of the TSV.

Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the responses.  I've been watching for over 25 years. It labels me as a new board member because I don't post much and haven't for a while. I was just confused because it appeared that the other woman was the brand ambassador, but try kept going back to that table to talk to Rakia.  She was the designer of a clothing line on HSN.  I looked it up and she has a business and represents Dell small business.  I guess she has varied talents.

Occasional Visitor

How do I transfer my data from my current computer to this new one?

Honored Contributor

It seemed very clear to me.  Every time she was in the presentations the host asked her to speak about her connection to Dell.  As a small business owner who uses Dell as an integral part of her professional and networking life, she was a very good real-life example of how selecting the computer and brand that can handle everything she needs was so integral in her business. 

Instead of those insufferable phone calls, she was a live testimonial , and to me she gave much more clarity and good information about the laptop.  I never saw her on HSN, but her on-air presence was great yesterday.

Respected Contributor

Re: Rakia and Dell

[ Edited ]

I thought the three of them were horrible - so much giggling and non-stop chatter -  fooling around like a bunch of 14 year olds at a PJ party.