Occasional Contributor

I don't like to leave my pots and pans on the stovetop, so I was wondering if this set is stackable, especially if the two oval pans can stack?

Respected Contributor

I don't know if you can stack these or not.  Typically, non stick shouldn't be stacked to protect the non-stick surface.  At least that is what I have heard.  I have stainless steel cookware so I'm not sure.  I would love to have a really good set of non-stick but this doesn't appeal to me because of the shape of the pasta pan and stock pot.  I'm curious as to how the oval pans would heat evenly on an electric ceramic top stove.   If the pan is bigger than the heating element, I'm not sure about even heating and cooking.

Esteemed Contributor

I had an as-is set bought years ago.  Those oval pans are huge!  They sort of stack if you mean just placing one on top of the other, but that takes up vertical space as they don't fit in one another.  I donated mine 'cause if you make enough to feed and army they're fine; for me, no way.  And, remember, they take up about half the stove on a thirty inch.  The long handle on such a long pan is ridiculous, imho. 

Personally, I'd rate these as average as far as cookware goes.  Still have the fry pans and pan with steamer which I use quite often.  I stack and have had no problems with chipping.  I do use wooden/plastic when stirring.

Super Contributor

I am searching for a new set of pots.  Once I saw that RR was having a TSV today, I was so excited until I saw the super size pots.  I am only cooking for one.  Any suggestions?  I like hard anodized.  My current pots are Circulon, but they started chipping in the base of the pot not long after I started using them.  I never use stainless steel utensil with them.  I don't know what caused this issue.  I also read a review on Amazon.com last week and someone had the same problem with them and the warranty did not cover.  I did not bother to contact the company.  I have had them for a little over 3 years now and I am down to the last of the set.

Respected Contributor

I do not know anyone that keeps pots/pans on their stove. Is that not what cabinets are for?

Perhaps, a tea pot.... I have seen that at tea drinkers homes... people that have their cup of tea like two or three times a day. 

I do find that odd about the pots/pans - not very decorative to me, their just pots!! In my house I am sure I would be like "well... now, who has not cleaned up after themselves... ???".

-Texas Hill Country-
Respected Contributor

2 years ago, my daughter gave me a set of RR cookware for Christmas.  It isn't this exact set, but it does have the 2 large oval shaped pans, and the 2 skillets.  Mine also had 2 saucepans in the set.

The oval pans will stack on top of each other, but not in each other.  I invert the lid of one and then put the other pan on top.

I use the oval pans quite a bit, in fact more than I thought I would.  The large oval pasta pot works very well as a roasting pan.  I make pot roasts in that pan along with potatoes, onions, carrots.   That is always my go to pan to bake hams as well. 

Someone asked if they keep the heat if the entire pan is not on the burner.  Mine certainly do.  It is one reason I love them so much.  You can use that pan on the stove and still have room to use your other 3 burners.  They conduct the heat very well. 

Have to say I ended up loving this cookware. 

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Contributor

I wish Rachael would sell additional quart pots for the sets.  I never have enough quart or 1 1/2 at pots

Buying another set today just to get the pots, giving the oval and large pit to my niece as they are my everyday use cookware

Honored Contributor

WOW!  I don't think Jane breathed during the entire two hours, lol.

I have Rachael's pasta pot, and bought one for DD last Christmas.  I bought the pan crisper today for she and I, and I hope it works.  Does anyone have this?

Respected Contributor

I like her bakeware, but the cookware seemed a bit too flimsy. I do have a set of Cooks Essentials type cookware that resembles Rachael's though, and it cooks and cleans up pretty good. I also have several other types of pots and pans that are better quality, but I often reach for the lighter set. 

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme wrote:

I had an as-is set bought years ago.  Those oval pans are huge!  They sort of stack if you mean just placing one on top of the other, but that takes up vertical space as they don't fit in one another.  I donated mine 'cause if you make enough to feed and army they're fine; for me, no way.  And, remember, they take up about half the stove on a thirty inch.  The long handle on such a long pan is ridiculous, imho. 

Personally, I'd rate these as average as far as cookware goes.  Still have the fry pans and pan with steamer which I use quite often.  I stack and have had no problems with chipping.  I do use wooden/plastic when stirring.

@eddyandme That long handle on that huge oval pot was the exact reason I did not buy this set. I thought it was ridiculous also.  If I have food filling that big pot I would have a very tough time moving it with that handle alone.  I watched Rachel try that and she even moaned and dragged it across the cooktop/counter until she could grab the loop handle on the other end of the pot.  She commented on how much food you can get in it, but at the same time it demonstrated the bad design.

Storage would also also be a nightmare -- a pot that big with a handle that long? I absolutely do not keep my pots on my stove.