Honored Contributor

I would like to buy a pair, but concerned about their 'wide'...

For those that have bought RYKA in general...either tried them and sent them back because they weren't wide enough, or those who have wide feet...please post.

I developed wide feet due to wearing steel toe boots for many years at one of my jobs. I am wondering if these will be wide enough for me. I have found that most, if not all women's 'wide' just are not wide enough!

I am able to wear a few pairs of women's Clarks shoes though...but no other brands. I do have to wear men's sneakers...

So...Hmmm...maybe I shouldn't bother buying a pair...

Any input would be greatly appreciated...TY Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I have tried Ryka shoes in wide....have never felt they are a true wide......wouldn't purchase this brand if you need a wide width......

Honored Contributor

In my experience, Ryka is the most inconsistant manufacturer in the world.  I've got Rykas that are too long, too short, too narrow, too wide.  It's impossible to tell where these boots fall on the fit scale without trying them on then spending a fortune to return them.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@Susan Louise, I used to purchase Ryka shoes ... they were true to size & wide width and you could wear them right out of the box with little or no break in time.  They were a quality shoe.  I still have a couple of pair that are too old to walk/run in, however they are great to use while working in/on our property (rural acreage).

~

However, in my opinion, the past few years the quality and fit that Ryka was known for, has diminished and the fit regarding the sizes & widths are inconsistant.  I will no longer waste my money or time on this brand.

~It is such a waste of time and money - with the cost of s/h to be sent to you and the s/h to return them ... just to try on a pair of shoes.  No more!

~

There are other web sites that have free s/h & free returns ... yes, they don't have "EZ - evil pays" which is an incentive for many, as it was for me.  Now, I go to the brick and mortar shops ... I live in a rural area so it is a drive.  However, I am able to get the right fit.

~

The same time I was purchasing my Ryka athletic shoes from the Q, I was purchasing shooties by Sporto from the "Southern" channel / HSN and I have been very satisfied with the quality and fit - I have to purchase Wide Width and the toe box needs to be a bit rounded ... no pointed shoes for me.

~

This Ryka TSV was an easy pass for me.  IHTH

Respected Contributor

I too USED to buy Ryka but no more.  You never know what you are going to get, width, length etc. there is no consistency with their sizing or quality.

That footbed really looks "cheap" on the TSV, and to me, I don't know what someones' vision was with these.  It appears they were attempting a high top tennis shoe then determined to make them fall/winter and you know what with these shoes.  To me they are a mismatch and shipping back is about $7 so it is really worth it?   I thought they were way too expensive too.

Why would you pick that fabric for that shoe?  I actually did a doubletake when I saw the TSV and thought, what the heck!

Regular Contributor
I used to love and buy Rykas, but no more. On these boots the toe box looks cramped, and that faux fur would get dirty and clumpy in no time. I mostly wear duck paddle-looking shoes because I have to have the toe room.
Esteemed Contributor

I thought the shoes looked odd. They appeared to look like duck feet because they were turned up when you walk. I have a couple of Ryka shoes and found them to be extremely uncomfortable for walking. In fact, my feet hurt so bad when I got home I had to stop wearing them. I don't know why they keep saying this shoe is made for women by women. I noticed they showed that the footbed was suppose to be more supportive but I am leary after having such a bad experience with their shoes.

New Contributor

I TOTALLY AGREE.THE QVC MOTTO means nothing anymore. Also RYKA has gone down hill. I STOPPED BUYING RYKA ABOUT 7   YRS AGO.I ALLWAYS READ THE REPLIES , BUT WHAT GETS ME IS THEY ..QVC...HAVE TO OK WHICH REPLY THEY WANT TO POST..SO THERE MAY BE 50 5 STARS AND 75 1 STAR BUT THEY MAKE THE 5 STAR REVIEWS TO SELL MORE. ON THE SOUTHERN STATION YOUR REVIEW GOES UP THE WAY YOU TYPE IT THE SAME DAY GOOD OR BAD. THATS ONE REASON YOU GET THE REAL FEEL ABOUT THE PRODUCT  HONEST REVIEWS.ALSO I HATE WHEN THE PRODUCT IS DAMAGED,OR MY NO FAULT OF THE BUYER HAS TO BE RETURNED, AND WE HAVE TO PAY A HIGHER PRICE FOR SHIPPING IT BACK TO QVC. I STILL SHOP BUT IT IS 75% BEAT SOMETHING WILL BE WRONG WITH IT.AND IT JUST HAPPENED WITH THE PRODUCT DAMAGED AND I HAD TO PAY 10.00 TO RETURN IT.SEAMS LIKE THE IS NO QUALITY CONTROL AT THE Q ANYMORE. I SHOP A LOT AT HSN..AND SPEND A LOT OF MONEY, BUT I HAVE ONLY SENT ONE ITEM BACK,AND THATS IN 10 YRS. OF SHOPPING THERE . I HAVE MORE FAITH IN THERE QUALITY AND ALSO THEY HAVE NO BLAH BLAH BLAH  EMPTY TALK FROM THE HOST THATS A BIG TURN OFF THE HOST AT THE Q SEAM TO BE ON A PROMOTION OF SELLING THEMSELVES INSTEAD OF THE PRODUCTS.

Respected Contributor

Don't know about "wide" but I think they run narrow and short. And I have a narrow foot. So I think you may be correct that they aren't a true wide.

I'm on a moratorium to buy no shoes that come in half sizes up to 10, then skip 10.5, which is my size. 11's are too wide and big. 

Honored Contributor

@slowancer   If you receive a damaged product, all you have to do is report to customer service that you received defective merchandise and they'll refund all shipping charges so it does not cost anything to return the item.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment