Honored Contributor

Re: RE: TSV BRACELET FROM BALI

@Catch71

DY= david yurman

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@Catch71 David Yurman, a jewelry designer/brand.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I have always loved QVC's artisan crafted jewelry from Bali and Indonesia.  I have many, many really nice pieces from this collection.  (Remember Suarti? sp)  I am not a pink or blue gal but the pearl and labradorite I love.  I have a mabe pearl bracelet in sterling from JR so I ordered the labradorite and matching ring.  I have nothing in the labradorite so I'm hoping I love it.  I haven't seen a lot of new yet, mostly pieces we have seen before at sale prices.  Anyway, I'm checking in frequently and am happy they are observing BBS as a 24 hour event minus the costumes of yesteryear. 

Spoiler

Smiley Very Happy

Super Contributor

IT is not a "knock-off" - this type of bracelet has been around for thousands of years in Bali - Yurman just used the style - nothing original about Yurman

Trusted Contributor

@Catch71@Shanus. I did not know who dy was either, I know more about Shanus than a famous designer, lol

Regular Contributor

OMGOSH, heck NO, I just went to the David Yurman site to check out the bracelets and this QVC TSV will do me just fine, thank you!!

Holy molasses, I would not pay $2000.00 and up for a bracelet when I have two children in college and a third going in, plus we need to eat at some point in our lives!!

I'm just so fine with Artisan Crafted $149.80 on 5 Easy Pays of $29.96 free S/H!!!

Respected Contributor

This bracelet is nice but I assume, it can't compare to DY. I have 2 of his bracelets. I do agree with you, that his bracelets are not original but they are beautiful and are great quality pieces. The prices a bit high, but worth it. 

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Respected Contributor

I really liked the pink opal but I resisted. I promised myself no more jewelry and only to buy essential things. I have several Samual B bracelets like this and they are lovely. I would have bought it if I could. I thought the price was OK, I might have jumped on it if it was a little less money. It was hard for me to tell how wide this bracelet is. For those who purchased it, enjoy it.

Respected Contributor

HSN has a line with similar bracelets too -- I think it's Bali Designs by Robert Manse.
Respected Contributor

Evine had a similar bracelet as a once only today for $99, so I got my pink opal. I have the same bracelet in lapis and onyx and I gave my sister the malachite for Christmas so I am satisfied at a mush lower price than the TSV.