Honored Contributor

While I can appreciate the price point, this bracelet is a knockoff/copy of the DY cable design bracelets. That would keep me from purchasing it or the accompanying pieces. 

The silver pieces so far, show the contrast in prices between other pieces which probably weigh more & have just as great a design as RIPKA, but in contrast, her pieces are over priced. Happy her jewelry is included so that comparison is clear. Or Paz and Jai are also designer silver jewelry and yet the prices are in line with where silver cost should be. 

Honored Contributor

Re: RE: TSV BRACELET FROM BALI

I love DY and it wouldn't bother me to own an original piece that's a "knock off".    

I'm still on the fence with this TSV

Otherwise I agree with your post.   It's nice to have some choices.

@Shanus wrote:

While I can appreciate the price point, this bracelet is a knockoff/copy of the DY cable design bracelets. That would keep me from purchasing it or the accompanying pieces. 

The silver pieces so far, show the contrast in prices between other pieces which probably weigh more & have just as great a design as RIPKA, but in contrast, her pieces are over priced. Happy her jewelry is included so that comparison is clear. Or Paz and Jai are also designer silver jewelry and yet the prices are in line with where silver cost should be. 

Respected Contributor

Absolutely beautiful bracelet!  I just have enough , so I will pass. But otherwise I would never hesitate to buy it, Pearl is my favorite, looks classy and classical. And I wouldn't care that it looks like DY, they all look alike these days.

Respected Contributor

I like the bracelet and I think it's a great value.  I ordered the pearl in the small size.  I have similar style Bali bracelets acquired from two other shopping channels (you can guess which ones), and I like this one just as much as the other three I have in blue topaz, citrine, and amethyst.  It doesn't matter to me who the vendor is.....they are all made in Bali.

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My perspective is that the bracelet isn't actually a replica of anything... or anyone... To me, almost all of the 'artisan' style jewelry shares a common look... I've seen lots of similar bracelets from numerous sources...

As for the 'Bonanza', looking online, it appears to be another day of rather uninspired jewelry and many pieces that have been in stock for some time... While Ripka's prices might be higher; overall, I'm seeing lots of high prices from QVC for silver jewelry... I've also not seen anything so far that has truly simulated my interest...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

It is a beautiful bracelet and is certainly timeless as it has been around for over 20 years.  When I lived in St. Maarten, it was in every jewelry store, and probably in every store in the Caribbean.  I would prefer something new and different.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

@stevieb. I completely agree there's nothing new just seeing the few hours at midnight last night and a quick look online. The few pieces we haven't seen before are nothing special.

What baffles me is the Q's relunctance to adjust silver prices w/ the changing market prices. Yes, older pieces that have been in inventory forever are now at a sale price or easy pay (Q's answer to reduced price). If a piece of silver jewelry was purchased 6-8 months ago at X number of dollars per gram, that price is not accurate today. So the buyer is either getting a bargain or "taken". 

Each time I finish a piece a silver jewelry (before the stone is set), I weigh the amount of silver and note it on my inventory card which coincides to the code on the card attached to the necklace, bracelet, etc. On that sheet is the date, price of silver on that date & gram weight. If there's a substantial increase, I have to pass that on to my customer. If the cost of silver has gone down, my buyer gets a deal. I don't increase the price. Why would I? I've already paid that price per gram for that silver used for that piece. There's no reason to "up" the cost & have the customer pay more than I did for materials. Confusing?

Honored Contributor

What's with this "best answer" deal showing up on each post? We all can't have the best answer.

Respected Contributor

@software wrote:

I love DY and it wouldn't bother me to own an original piece that's a "knock off".    

I'm still on the fence with this TSV

Otherwise I agree with your post.   It's nice to have some choices.

@Shanus wrote:

I have no idea what DY is?  Anyone help me out?

Honored Contributor

Looks like another Sammy B to me, nothing original or unique here, same old, same old look.