Honored Contributor

HSN has a TS I think tomorrow for an RCA 12.2 tablet for about $179. It comes with a case that has a keyboard, you can use the tablet like a laptop or detach it and use as a tablet. It has 32 GB but has the capacity for an additional 64 GB. I'm hoping someone can tell me if this is a good tablet to buy. I always look at the price, and think if something is too inexpensive it's not going to be any good. I'm wondering if I should pass and save my money.

Super Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

HSN has a TS I think tomorrow for an RCA 12.2 tablet for about $179. It comes with a case that has a keyboard, you can use the tablet like a laptop or detach it and use as a tablet. It has 32 GB but has the capacity for an additional 64 GB. I'm hoping someone can tell me if this is a good tablet to buy. I always look at the price, and think if something is too inexpensive it's not going to be any good. I'm wondering if I should pass and save my money.

I just posted in another thread, I have a 10 inch RCA tablet I use every day, besides my chromebook. Love it, only real issue I ever had with it was the keyboard, which was replaced  no questions asked. I bought at Walmart under $100.00 about 3 years ago. I would love to upgrade to the latest Android OS Marshmallow. Wouldn't hesitate buyin an RCA again. Found them very easy to contact especially through their Facebook site. Hope that helps, good luck. 20161218_183808.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Bigbear52 wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

I just posted in another thread, I have a 10 inch RCA tablet I use every day, besides my chromebook. Love it, only real issue I ever had with it was the keyboard, which was replaced  no questions asked. I bought at Walmart under $100.00 about 3 years ago. I would love to upgrade to the latest Android OS Marshmallow. Wouldn't hesitate buyin an RCA again. Found them very easy to contact especially through their Facebook site. Hope that helps, good luck. 20161218_183808.jpg

Thank you so much for your reply. I'm still on the fence for this.

Super Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Bigbear52 wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

Thank you so much for your reply. I'm still on the fence for this.

I like to look up a lot of these devices on youtube, and watch full honest reviews. And not just unboxing videos. I know when I bought my RCA, it was the good reviews it had, not only on youtube, but on Walmart customer reviews that swayed me to buy it. 

Respected Contributor

I pre-ordered this in the teal tonight. On the RCA site it is $279.00 so that is a $100.00 off deal at HSN. It is the same specs and the same model number as I checked it out. Hope you make a decision to check it out as I think the colors will go fast. The teal may be more a mint green but I will be happy with either. It is hard to tell online but the teal stands out and I have enough black in my electronics. Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

@MKR14 wrote:

I pre-ordered this in the teal tonight. On the RCA site it is $279.00 so that is a $100.00 off deal at HSN. It is the same specs and the same model number as I checked it out. Hope you make a decision to check it out as I think the colors will go fast. The teal may be more a mint green but I will be happy with either. It is hard to tell online but the teal stands out and I have enough black in my electronics. Smiley Happy

I want a blue one again, I just can't afford it right now. I like the Matshmallow OS, it's what's on my Samsung Tracfone. One of the features I like on my RCA is, they have an HDMI output. It's cool when I hook it up to my 32 inch TV

Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

@Bigbear52 I changed my color to blue on the RCA Tablet.  As pretty as the teal would be I just kept thinking of blue. That's my favorite color. I love the blue on your case. The blue one on HSN today is a little lighter. I am looking forward to getting it and the tablet. It stated a Dec. 23rd delivery date. It is for me so whenever it comes is fine. Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

I bought this same tablet in the 10.1" size last month. I like it a lot and use it everyday. I bought the paisley cover and people love it. I will admit that I don't use the keyboard everyday but I use it in one form or the other every day. This size was $99 last month, but are sold out now.

Mint

Respected Contributor

Go to www.rcaav.com and under Tablets and then Android you will find the manual for the 12.2" RCA tablet that is the TSV on HSN today. Since I ordered it I downloaded it to my computer. It explains it very well. Can't wait to get mine in blue. Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

@MKR14 wrote:

Go to www.rcaav.com and under Tablets and then Android you will find the manual for the 12.2" RCA tablet that is the TSV on HSN today. Since I ordered it I downloaded it to my computer. It explains it very well. Can't wait to get mine in blue. Smiley Happy

Yes, if it's not already, be sure to download the RCA app. I loaded the manual for mine which shows as an app. When I open it it gives me an option of 3 separate  pdf readers. For me it's much easier to read the manual on my tablet as opposed to a paper booklet. The ability to pinch and zoom is great.  My only gripe, and it's with most tablets is the placement of the camera facing me, most are at the side of the tablet. They should be in the top middle. But I don't use it much so I overlook that. 20161219_131822.jpg