Super Contributor

RAYCOP RN Handheld UV Allergen Vacuum and Fabric Sanitizer TSV

I don't know about you but I am not going to purchase another gadget that requires additional purchases to keep it functioning.  The TSV requires heppa filters. Earlier in the week, the TSV was the mosquito repeller that required replacement pads and, of course, only the manufacturer's pad would work!  Needless to say, this is a pass for me.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: RAYCOP RN Handheld UV Allergen Vacuum and Fabric Sanitizer TSV

It's just another gimmick product, praying on people's fears.  Vacuum your mattress or furniture, then lightly spray with Lysol or another disinfecting or sanitizing spray.

Trusted Contributor

My thinking with this thing much like the phone soap kind of things is, how do we really know it works.  Nah, not wasting my money on it.  

Honored Contributor

Those filters are not cheap either. I checked them out on Amazon and they sell for about $25. They need to be replaced about every year. 

Honored Contributor

I believe this is the unit I've seen presented on HSN a few times.  As another poster said, this is something preying on people's fears.  And now that the CDC has said Covid-19 isn't spread from surfaces, all the shopping channels are going to be stuck with a lot of sanitizing stuff, etc. they have to try and sell.  I wonder what the Dubrows are going to do on ShopHQ.

I got rid of my vacuum cleaner with the filter and went back to a good old-fashioned vacuum with a bag.  Among other annoyances was dealing with the filters.  Even though mine claimed they were washable, they can only be washed so many times before they start to fall apart. 

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Those filters are not cheap either. I checked them out on Amazon and they sell for about $25. They need to be replaced about every year. 

And for how long will the filters be available before they're replaced by a newer model and you can't get them anymore?

Respected Contributor

I bought this just about a year ago when Covid was starting.  Big mistake.  I don't know what I was thinking.  I used it twice.  It will probably be in my next yard sale.

Trusted Contributor

I think we are all tired of retailers pushing products that play on people's fears.  Enough is enough..  I hope this one and any others to follow totally bomb!!!

Honored Contributor

I purchased this before the pandemic.  Could not believe how great it worked.  So much junk it collected and the furniture smelled so much cleaner and fresher.

Honored Contributor

I have had this for almost two years and I use it once a week when I wash my sheets.  I love it and using it once a week I can't believe the dust I collect.  My DH has allergies and using this has helped immensely.