Honored Contributor

RAYCOP Handheld UV Allergen Vacuum

I really had no intention or purchasing this until I saw it presented.  The reviews on a previous one are pretty good.  Does anyone have one and do you see a difference?

Honored Contributor

Re: RAYCOP Handheld UV Allergen Vacuum

@Pecky wrote:

I really had no intention or purchasing this until I saw it presented.  The reviews on a previous one are pretty good.  Does anyone have one and do you see a difference?

@Pecky 

I have the Lite version and paid more along with shipping.  I wish I had waited to get this.

At first I thought I'd end up returning it, thinking I'd been foolish for ordering.  But after doing my bed, mattress pad, and pillows, I was amazed at how much tiny stuff it picked up.  Fine particles that my vacuum never would get.  And I swear it smells cleaner when I lay down to sleep now.

Valued Contributor

@Pecky  I felt the same way.  I have always been the one with allergies, but my husband has developed them more recently.  We watched the demo and he purchased it.  We have three cats, one of which is a Maine Coon mix long hair.  They are always on the bed with us, so we want try it on the blankets, pillows and mattress.

Esteemed Contributor

I bought the smaller version last year for $150 so this larger and more features is a great deal.  First time I vac'd my favorite tv night swivel chair - OMG -

I have no pets - but people with............should absolutely use one 

Dust - dander - and yuck all around & under & on you.

Honored Contributor

Thanks everyone for your opinions.  I went ahead and ordered it.  Looking forward to trying it out.

Honored Contributor

I had not seen the TSV until this post. And now I am intrigued.

I am wondering if it would zap bed bugs. When we go on vacation, I wonder about bed bugs when we stop at hotels along the way. And thought it might come in handy to take with us.

Trusted Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

I purchased this item on HSN several months ago. I use it once a week on my mattress, mattress topper and pillows when I change the sheets. It seems to work quite well and I would recommend it to anyone. I am very particular about my bedding and can't stand the idea of bed mites, dander, etc. I also believe I am breathing better during sleep.

Esteemed Contributor

@drizzellla I've never seen a bed bug  - LOL - (thankful) but have heard they scoot when lights come on - so you've got to be faster or use a flashlight.  My opinion - the ultraviolet light should zap them - dead - if you hit them before they run.  Ans:  I truly don't know enough to answer your concern.

Honored Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

@drizzellla I've never seen a bed bug  - LOL - (thankful) but have heard they scoot when lights come on - so you've got to be faster or use a flashlight.  My opinion - the ultraviolet light should zap them - dead - if you hit them before they run.  Ans:  I truly don't know enough to answer your concern.

Thanks for your insight.

I have also never seen a bed bug nor have I ever encountered them. And I would like to keep it that way.

Esteemed Contributor

@drizzellla Another slant.............you could be spending your vacation & sleep time cleaning - leaving it in better condition for the next renter of that bed.

It would be time consuming to vac everything.