Trusted Contributor

R. Riveter TSV 7/2

[ Edited ]

A-399240 R. Riveter Convertible Canvas Tote w/ Leather Trim - Ada 

QVC Price: $242.00

TSV Price: $199.98

Choice of Bold Waters (Floral), Earthly Grassland, Golden Hour, Camo, Lagoon Stripe, Classic Navy or Black

Made in U.S.A.

Esteemed Contributor

THAT'S a TSV price?? Ridiculous for a canvas tote with leather straps.

I'll stick with my Lands End canvas totes for a tiny fraction of that price, thank you.

Trusted Contributor

The TSV is very nice looking but R Riveter prices are way too high.  I understand the concept BUT... they are a pass for me.

Trusted Contributor

The bags sold quite well last year and the Moraccan print sold out quickly. There are a few on sale left at $174.00 They are made in America and support the families of those who have men and women serving in the military who sacrifice as well. They are expensive compared to many  canvas bags,  but extremely well made. The sales help military families thus,  higher priced as profits assist the families who often have to move around alot and survive alone at home. Difficult to maintain a career.

I was a military wife but lucky to be able to have a more normal life with the Army  National Guard. I look at the costs as a donation and thank the families for their sacrifices.

Trusted Contributor

@midnight oil wrote:

The TSV is very nice looking but R Riveter prices are way too high.  I understand the concept BUT... they are a pass for me.

My sentiments exactly.  Too steep for my budget.  As the Wife of a veteran I totally appreciate what they are doing and I am thrilled for those of you that can afford it and support this, I hope you enjoy your purchases.

Honored Contributor

Re: R. Riveter TSV 7/2

[ Edited ]

I really wanted support this brand after seeing the co-owners on Shark Tank.  They have a great concept and I am very grateful for our military families and the sacrifices they make on my behalf.  I ordered two bags on last year's TSV.  Unfortunately the workmanship was lacking and I couldn't justify the price for what I received.  I returned both. ☹️  Hopefully this one will be better. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have the Otto painterly stripe bag from a few years ago and still carry it today.  I love it.  The price is going to be higher as it is made in the US.  I really like that this one the shoulder straps are longer and can be carried on the shoulder and not have to depend on the longer strap.  I really like the Lagoon Stripe & Bold Waters

Respected Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

I have the Otto painterly stripe bag from a few years ago and still carry it today.  I love it.  The price is going to be higher as it is made in the US.  I really like that this one the shoulder straps are longer and can be carried on the shoulder and not have to depend on the longer strap.  I really like the Lagoon Stripe & Bold Waters

@Pecky  I too have the Otto in frost which is pale blue.  Happy with the bag.

Respected Contributor

If it's USA made, I'll buy one.

I love supporting th people who live and work in the USA!!!!

Valued Contributor
This is a super cute bag & I truly appreciate & respect the concept BUT I just can't justify $200 for a canvas tote. Will pass.