Honored Contributor

Re: Qvc stopped showing TSV in advance

Yes, they did.  The Looky Lucy's found it confusing.  LOL  I liked it because I could pursue a TSV early but it's no big deal.  I don't watch much of QVC TV so it means, I'll buy fewer TSV's because I'll miss them.  

Contributor

I agree!    Very disappointed in the changes they have made. 

Honored Contributor

To me it seems they stopped previews and pre-sales of upcoming TSVs b/c of the possibility of them selling out early and sometimes selling out before they make to air which I've seen happen before on more than one occasion.

Occasional Contributor

Try typing tsv in the search box. Today they only have 2 listed so maybe they really are phasing it out.

New Contributor

For years, I always shopped the TSV I was interested in early. I don't tune into QVC everyday or look online. So many changes and none for the better.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

To me it seems they stopped previews and pre-sales of upcoming TSVs b/c of the possibility of them selling out early and sometimes selling out before they make to air which I've seen happen before on more than one occasion.

@SilleeMee - I read this too somewhere. I also read it is harder to get the quantities these days because of supply issues.

This is all new to me. When I discovered QVC they had the Insider magazine, and it was possible to order the upcoming TSV ahead of time.  Smiley Happy

Contributor

I really wish a picture and description of upcoming TSVs would be displayed either here in the forums or on the QVC Facebook page. I don't mind if the item is not yet available for purchase until the midnight airing, but a sneak peak of items is what always gets me excited. What is the harm in that?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sometimes you can see what's coming down the pike when you go to Blue Skies For Me Please Blog (aka Peacemanor). There you can see pictures or the name of an upcoming item listed by dates. You cannot buy anything in advance by going there but at least you'll be able to see some of the upcoming TSVs.

Honored Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

Personally, I don't see the benefit in withholding the advance notice.

I'm not much of an impulse buyer, and it makes me less likely to order.

I'll miss having the time to read item reviews here and at other sites, compare prices, make calls to check whether someone might be interested in this item as a gift, etc. 

I remember the griping threads when they switched to giving TSVs advance notice.

My turn to gripe now. Lol!

@x Hedge I don't think it is so much that they gave TSV's advance notice, but that they allowed people to buy the TSV in advance at the TSV price.  That would be my gripe.  It's not very special if it's sold out in the color or size that you want at midnight.  I don't mind at all if there's pre-notice of upcoming TSV's or even if they allow people to buy it at the TSV price if it doesn't sell out.  It's not like someone is getting a better deal by waiting. 

I guess it's mostly that I feel bad for the people who missed out because they didn't buy ahead of time. I rarely buy a TSV.  Like others, I don't find them particularly special anymore. But, if I do think I want to buy, I prefer watching the presentation since there might be information that could make or break that decision.

Honored Contributor

Looks like HSN still does TSV pre-sales though.