Trusted Contributor

Re: Questions for those that already own the Oster French Door Oven

I have this Oster oven and used it, plus my microwave plus my large oven at Thanksgiving and never had any problems. I love this oven! 

Trusted Contributor

@Andreatoo, wow, I haven't had any of these issues with mine. Sorry you have.

Esteemed Contributor

@software wrote:

how is that Oster's fault?

Or QVCs?

It's your house, your electric service & breaker

Most people know what can & can't be run at the same time on the same outlet/breaker

It's not just limited to a convection oven & microwave.

@software ... you are absolutely correct .... I was just about to write the same thing & then I read your post!!

Honored Contributor

@Renata22

I'm not sure how that is possible. Do you have the exact same oven? Don't you have to open your doors all the way if you're not holding it open? Does the temperature advance in increments smaller than 25 on yours? Can you set your timer for 32 minutes?

I would assume these features are standard for this model but then maybe they don't bother you. That could be the difference?

As for the buttons being difficult to push, that could just be me! LOL As for tripping the breaker my condo was built in the early 60s  so that could definitely be a factor there

Honored Contributor

Bake feature only goes to 450. I've run into things that call for 475!

Honored Contributor

@January121 wrote:

@software wrote:

Or QVCs?

Most people know what can & can't be run at the same time on the same outlet/breaker

@software ... you are absolutely correct .... I was just about to write the same thing & then I read your post!!

Any appliance that produces heat requires more power than say, a blender, mixer or can opener.  When you have 2 or more on the same circuit, you can have a problem.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@Andreatoo, same oven, same features. The touch panel is not hard at all. I’ve never had the oven slide. The doors & the timer don’t bother me at all. I just make sure the doors are all the way open. I’m usually watching the food somewhat when it cooks so a few minutes on or off the timer are of no issue to me. 

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Mindy D

No I cannot. Interesting to hear I'm not the only one!

While it cooks fine this model has many drawbacks I find personally really annoying. The touch panel is a pain, I keep having to put the oven back in place! When you pre-heat  the timer is already set for 30 minutes. However long the preheat took is where you are when you put your food in the oven; then you can push the button while holding on to the oven! LOL The temperature settings only work in increments of 25. After 30 you can only set the timer in increments of 5 minutes! I've burned myself multiple times because if you don't open the doors all the way they will slam shut!

Needless to say I would not repurchase this model but yes, it cooks your food! Lol

Thank you for answering the exact question I asked. I have an 1100 W counter top microwave. It’s not on a dedicated circuit. I move it around sometimes. It has never tripped when I have used my regular toaster oven, no matter where the toaster oven is plugged in. 
Honored Contributor

@software wrote:

Or QVCs?

I didn’t say it was anyone’s fault. I just wanted to find out, from actual owners, if this has happened to them with this oven.