New Contributor

Question on todays special value

Can the tracfone team contact me regarding questions I have about activating the phone? I have a current plans that doesnt end until 4/2017 and would like to know if I order the phone today will I be able to wait until 4/2017 and still get all the benefits as if I started using it tomorrow?

Regular Contributor

Re: Question on todays special value

@Hubcaps wrote:

Can the tracfone team contact me regarding questions I have about activating the phone? I have a current plans that doesnt end until 4/2017 and would like to know if I order the phone today will I be able to wait until 4/2017 and still get all the benefits as if I started using it tomorrow?

Don't trust them. After talking to 3 differenct supervisors at Tracfone they still confiscated my husbands service days and air time that was on his active phone when they couldn't  transfer his number to the last TSV they sold.   Tracfone has LOUSE customer service and most of the reps don't even understand QVC return policy if the phone doesn't work.  They will just shut down the phone you have.  Don't take a chance.

Honored Contributor

I was just watching & they said yes you can wait until next year when you plan ends to activate it. You will get triple mins., text & data since that comes with the phone & is good for the life of that phone.

Regular Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

I was just watching & they said yes you can wait until next year when you plan ends to activate it. You will get triple mins., text & data since that comes with the phone & is good for the life of that phone.

@Nightowlz wrote:

Yes but don't trust that you'll get the same number.  They can't always transfer them. My husbands didn't. They keep telling him to go outside for the phone to activate. Ya right. We live in tornado country and get rain and high winds.  He's suppose to go outside to use an android phone?  Give me a break.

Honored Contributor

I've been activating TracFones for quite a few years and never had a bit of trouble.  Minutes and time transfer as if by magic.  @Gogos must have had a really thorny problem for the company to confiscate her minutes and not be able to transfer a number.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Regular Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I've been activating TracFones for quite a few years and never had a bit of trouble.  Minutes and time transfer as if by magic.  @Gogos must have had a really thorny problem for the company to confiscate her minutes and not be able to transfer a number.

The ONLY thorny problem is we returned the LG Premier TSV back to QVC and they shut his active phone down and wouldn't reactivate unless we spent more money to activate a phone that had 313 minutes left on it and a service date of July 2017.  They would NOT let him use his phone that they shutdown while trying to transfer to the Premier that would not activate.  The whole problem is Tracfone and their transfer syster is not setup for an item returned to QVC if it is defective.  QVC needs a customer service number for that company ONLY for QVC customers. The operators fought me and fought me about the return. They just didn't like it that we returned their newer type phone and wanted to keep our 3G phone.