Valued Contributor

Question about Vionic TSV thong

If anyone who bought the TSV Vionic thong could tell me if they "flip-flop" when you walk. (make noise?) I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Question about Vionic TSV thong

I didn't purchase it, but don't all thongs flop and make a noise when slapping the back of your foot? People here at work wear them (office) and it is so annoying. I find them hard to wear. Hard to keep them on my foot.

Esteemed Contributor

I just got mine today. I have tried the vionic in the past and did not like them; they were hard plastic and uncomfortable. I decided to try these because they were so cute; got the animal print. They are super comfortable, soft but firm cork, the cloth between the toes does not rub and they do not make noise and flip flop...maybe the cork makes the difference? I don't know but all around nice sandal.
Super Contributor

I bought a pair, the silver color. I also bought an Earth brand flip-flop in black. Hands down the Earth brand is more comfortable and feels fabulous and makes no noise. The Vionic, however, DOES flip flop, flip flop the entire time I tested it out! UGH. The hard bottom is also just that: hard. I guess it's the whole orthodic thing going on but if I had my chance to do it over again, I would have ordered a Vionic with some of that softness on the inside. I am going to keep them both, however, I couldn't read your question and not answer because for me, they DO flip flop. UGH again {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Regular Contributor

I got m
Respected Contributor

Just opened mine. Haven't worn this type since I was a child. I got coral, I find the cork insole to provide cushioning, not hard. They do flip flop. I'm guessing because I've been thong less for so long, that I need to get used to that piece. I will wear every night after work to get used to it. I will definitely keep them if my toes get used to it.Smiley Happy
Valued Contributor

Thank you all very much for responding. I kind of assumed they flip flopped, but was hoping that they didn't.

Esteemed Contributor

Just put mine back on to see why I don't flip flop in these shoes...I think it depends on your gait...I walk heel first when wearing flip flops so the don't do it...also, these feet me very close to the foot and not a lot of room...comfortable snug so it don't have to work to hold the shoe on...so maybe that is the difference?
Regular Contributor

I got 7w. I walk heel/toe and they do flip/flop on me. The thong bothers me a little. I am going to keep them on in the house for a few hours before I decide whether to keep them. I must stop buying shoes on line! Purchased 2 pairs of Aetrex sandels at our local mall and am thrilled with them but some styles were more comfortable than others. There is no substitute for trying them on! Getting tired of 6.95 to return.
Contributor

Like everyone else, I'll be wearing them around the house for now. Initially the thong is bothering me, but I'll keep trying to get used to them for the next week or so. They flip flop (sound) but it seems to be a little softer than other flip flop that have more of a splat sound. I got the animal print and love the look!