Respected Contributor

Question about Philosophy TSV

Great value if only the Amazing Grace formula had not changed I would definitely order. .  Has anyone purchased Amazing grace lately and if so has the formula changed back to the original scent ?   Is it possible Coty has finally listened to the multitude of complaints and are trying to let us know the original scent is back ? 

Contributor

Re: Question about Philosophy TSV

I agree with you. One of the better department stores in my area carries Philosophy. I tried the Amazing Grace tester and the fragrance did not stay. Very disappointing...
Frequent Contributor

I don't have a problem with any Philosophy products.  My AG stays on but it is not a scent that is suppose to be like a department store scent. If I wear another scent not from philosophy it is much more potent but the AG line was made to be the scent that becomes your scent. I know I sound like a commercial but it took me some time to figure it out. I felt the same way because i couldn't smell it on me. People don't compliment my perfume they say, "you always smell so nice" My teenage daughter borrowed a sweatshirt of mine and said her and her friend said it "smells like your mom".  AG has just become a part of me. 

I use the  spray and the cologne daily and whatever soap I am in the mood for. Some days it is the olive oil scrub some days it is just the shower gel. Some days I even use a PG soap.

HTH

Respected Contributor

thanks for the response but I think I will pass on this TSV. I wore AG for years and had many people say "you smell good". I got out of my car one day, passed by a guy putting groceries in his car  and he stopped me and said you smell good.  About a year ago I met an old friend I had not seen for several years, I had the AG on but he asked me why I was not wearing the AG. I told him I was wearing it, he told me it did not smell the same.  So that was confirmation enough for me.  I will watch for the reviews on the TSV, maybe just maybe Coty listened.

Regular Contributor

I've seen many posts about Philosophy's Amazing Grace - but I have to say this- I don't get it- this stuff stinks! I would go places and know that someone is wearing Amazing Grace bc it's so dang strong! I mean its soooo strong- and its a such a dated scent- it doesnt smell good peopleSmiley Sad

Spoiler

Valued Contributor

Nope its  still the new scent that has very little staying power. When I used to wear the original version had men stop me everywhere telling me I smelled good. Using this newer scent had only a few here and there, its rare for people to even notice it. 

Valued Contributor

@msnicky wrote:

I've seen many posts about Philosophy's Amazing Grace - but I have to say this- I don't get it- this stuff stinks! I would go places and know that someone is wearing Amazing Grace bc it's so dang strong! I mean its soooo strong- and its a such a dated scent- it doesnt smell good peopleSmiley Sad

Spoiler

Even if its 'dated' back when philosophy actual made it, men regularly told me I was one of the best selling women they had ever smelled. Men loved this stuff, women loved this it, now its just another cheap smelling  perfume. 

Trusted Contributor

I got the Unconditional Love..............silly of me probably.........because I am in love with Roller Ball fragrance SI, Carven, Roses et Raines, Levesat le bell from Lancome {sp}........they are just wonderful and I carry in my purse and put on what I want to put on...........I tried to cancel this order but it has already shipped so they probaby have not sold many.  I don't know.  They only sold 11,000 sets