Honored Contributor

Re: QVC2 Big Deal - Salt Lamp

I think they are pretty, but around here they are all done as far as being sold, Q late to the party

Trusted Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

If I were so inclined to purchase, I would certainly do my homework.  You can buy salt lamps from all over the place, many of them a lot cheaper than this one being offered on QVC.  I have no idea though as to size differences, etc.

I know someone who pretty regularly goes to those salt caves and sits in them for a certain amount of time. She swears it has helped her allergies.   

@Lipstickdiva  You are spot on....I love the lotus flower of this lamp and found one I like better on Amazon...free shipping so I saved there.  I adore these lamps for the glow they emit.  You mention knowing someone sitting in the actual salt caves....OMG, I'd love to do that for the calm I imagine them to be.  I had no idea people did this.  THANK YOU for sharing.  Wow.

Occasional Contributor

Vets warn Himalayan salt lamps are dangerous and could KILL cats. ... The lamps, which are huge lumps of salty rock are very tempting for cats to lick du etc its course texture, but this could cause sodium poisoning, which causes a number of negative effects such as pain, vomiting, seizures and even DEATH.

Esteemed Contributor

I have one I purchased from Amazon over a year ago and it is so pretty at night with a nice soft glow.  The one QVC is selling is very pretty and I don't think it's overpriced.  Since it's dimmable as mine is, it's a perfect nightlight.

Honored Contributor

Marshalls; $15.

Honored Contributor

@HLP wrote:

@Venezia wrote:

My concern would be that these can be dangerous, if you have cats.  These are genuine salt and cats can't tolerate too much because of their size.

No way, if this was in my house, that one or more of my cats wouldn't be licking it.

Pretty to look at, but I'm never going to have one.

I have one in my bedroom, it does make a pretty night light, I in no way think it's a medical wonder, and I in no way would have a cat in my house. That's one animal I really dislike. 

@HLP- That's okay.  More cats for me and other ailurophiles to love.

My three cats and I are sitting here in cozy companionship, listening to the thunderstorm overhead.  No salt lamps in sight.  Woman Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

My concern would be that these can be dangerous, if you have cats.  These are genuine salt and cats can't tolerate too much because of their size.

No way, if this was in my house, that one or more of my cats wouldn't be licking it.

Pretty to look at, but I'm never going to have one.

I have one of these lamps in my bedroom as a night light.  Have 2 cats and they never lick or even smell the lamp.  The cats walk by the lamp everyday to get to a window.

Sorry but I think your concern about cats may be a little much.

Super Contributor

I have 2 salt lamps.  Cat could care less about them.  These are now sold all over.  Walmart, Dollar Store, malls.....QVC should've sold these 5 yrs ago.

Respected Contributor

I use them in our bathrooms at night.  No having to turn on the light to blind you at 3 am.  

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Respected Contributor

I've had a salt lamp in my bedroom for nearly 10 years. I use it as a nightlight. I also have two cats who have never once shown any interest in it.