Trusted Contributor

Re: QVC2 Big Deal Breadman Bread Machine - Discussion

@Imaoldhippie @QVCkitty1 @4kitties @MezzieStarr @Sooner @customerqvc2 

Thanks for the replies.  I did purchase this machine.  I had a bread machine years ago but got rid of it, don't remember why, it did still work.

A question I do have....does anyone use the delay timer feature?  I am wondering if putting the wet and dry in the machine and letting them sit for hours actually works.  It seems to me it would not work so well.

Also, I did not hear in any of the presentations how the "bake only" would be used.  There is a short statement in the manual.  Any thoughts on this feature?

Thanks so much!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@avid shopper   We have used the delay timer.  You don't want to use it with any recipe having eggs, milk or something else that could spoil under most circumstances.

Bake only would be if you put in bread dough that fit the volume of the machine in question or maybe put in the volume of cake batter I guess.

Honored Contributor

@customerqvc2 wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

We have a Cuisinart CBK 110, which sells for about $80.

We bake a LOT of bread, have had a machine since 1992, and have had Hitachi, Breadman, and three Zojirushi's (the best).  But I had a gift certificate a couple of years ago and bought this and it makes a really really good loaf of bread.

We like it a lot! 

I bought a DAK bread machine years ago when they first came out and mine is still working perfectly.  I also own a Zojirushii and love that one, too.  I highly recommend bread machines because the bread comes out so nice and the flavor is wonderful.  Unless you have a fancy bread shop near you, a bread machine is the way to go

@customerqvc2   Is that the R2D2 look alike?  LOL!!!  I will always regret not buying one of those!  A friend had one and used to make their orange bread a lot.  It was SO good!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've been baking bread for almost 60 years.  Back in late 80's when bread machine introduced I bought a Regal and it still works; it makes larger loaves and has the tall basket. Purchased because I had gone back to work and had limited time to bake bread but machine helped me keep this love of bread baking in my life....  About 5 years ago I purchased a mini-Zo which bakes only 1-lb loaves so it is limited by loaf size.  A couple years ago I purchased a Breadman TR520 from Amazon because I wanted a newer and lighter machine that made multi-sized loaves.  I understand this Q2 Special is also a TR520 but an updated model.  The one I have is an off-white color with a yellow panel and white printing and VERY difficult to see to operate. Many comments from users of this model on Amazon complained about the yellow panel but state what a great machine they had purchased.  I made readable labels and put over the digital touch buttons for my ease in reading.  This Breadman machine has been wonderful, used all sizes and I bake lots of wheat, pumpernickel, rye type breads and it can handle the heavier doughs and makes wonderful breads.  Also use it for mixing/kneading/rising dough for my yeast rolls which I have made since I was 20.  I highly recommend this Breadman.  I ordered a black one as an upgrade to the one I have so I can read the panel easier.  

Valued Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@customerqvc2 wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

We bake a LOT of bread, have had a machine since 1992, and have had Hitachi, Breadman, and three Zojirushi's (the best).  But I had a gift certificate a couple of years ago and bought this and it makes a really really good loaf of bread.

We like it a lot! 

I bought a DAK bread machine years ago when they first came out and mine is still working perfectly.  I also own a Zojirushii and love that one, too.  I highly recommend bread machines because the bread comes out so nice and the flavor is wonderful.  Unless you have a fancy bread shop near you, a bread machine is the way to go

@customerqvc2   Is that the R2D2 look alike?  LOL!!!  I will always regret not buying one of those!  A friend had one and used to make their orange bread a lot.  It was SO good!

Yes, that's the one.  I bought one and so did my MIL and hers gave out, but mine still works perfectly and I still have the recipe book and everything.

Respected Contributor

I also have the Zogirushi mini because I live alone. It makes just the right size. Also I found lots of bread machine cookbooks at book sales and second hand book stores. That way you get a variety of breads.

Honored Contributor

I had a bread machine from QVC years ago.  Kind of quit making bread.  Got tired of having to go to the store just for bread so I bought the mini Zo.  I haven't purchased bread for 4 years.  The 1 lb loaf is good for me.   When it quits working I will definitely buy another bread machine.  I like the size of the Mini Zo and leave it out all the time.   Not sure if when I need one if I will try a less expensive brand,

Honored Contributor

@customerqvc2 wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@customerqvc2 wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

We like it a lot! 

Yes, that's the one.  I bought one and so did my MIL and hers gave out, but mine still works perfectly and I still have the recipe book and everything.

@customerqvc2, I had one of those too.  If they made an updated version I would probably buy it assuming it had the features I want.  I ended up selling it on a local yard sale group mainly becasue it was taking up a lot of space and it made such a big and round loaf.  It also didn't seem to do so well with the heavier whole grain doughs which weren't so popular when the original R2D2 came out.  With it just being the 2 of us and trying to eat so many carbs I need a smaller capacity machine.  

Some of the newer machines have a jam feature that I have read is also good for things that need constant stirring like risotto and oatmeal, so I have kinda been lusting after one of those although I really don't NEED one and really don't have the storage space for one.  

Honored Contributor

Well I bought this machine today too!  I've been missing the one my ex took when we divorced years ago and this was at a price I thought was good so figured why not.  Even though during the presentation they mentioned a recipe book, it doesn't list one in the description.  I sure hope it does come with one cuz otherwise I'll be at a loss as to what to do. LOL

I also went on Amazon and found a bread slicer because I remember before that I could not for the life of me cut even sliced pieces of bread.  The one I found got great reviews and it came with a knife.

Looking forward to getting it and making some bread next weekend.  

Honored Contributor

@JudyL  Please post how you like your bread slicer.  I make all my own bread in my mini Zo. and good thing the bread is just for me as I cut terrible slices.  Not even at all.   I hope you enjoy your new bread machine.  I really like making my own bread.  I can post the name of a cookbook I like if you are interested.