Trusted Contributor

QVC2 Big Deal Breadman Bread Machine - Discussion

I have been thinking about buying a bread machine and have spent some time today Google-ing different things.  I see  machines elsewhere for less $$ with plenty of ++ reviews. I see no posts on this item and wondering if anyone is purchasing and thoughts one way or another. 

Honored Contributor

Re: QVC2 Big Deal Breadman Bread Machine - Discussion

I already have a bread machine but I watched the presentation.  I liked what I saw.  If I was in the market for one I would buy it.  I liked the fact that the paddle stayed in the basket and you do not have to dig it out of the loaf when done.  The bread also came out of the basket easy and seemed to always look nice shaped and done.  It does everything mine does (Cuisinart) for a lot less money.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

I have a Breadman bread machine that is at least 20 years old and it has been a workhorse!  It is still going strong.  I use it to make the dough and then I shape it, let it rise and bake it off in my oven.  

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

I can't speak about this bread machine, but about 5 years ago I ordered  my TFal machine with CC. Reward points. It was a whim, and I figured it's free, so if I don't use it often, big deal. Well, this machine has been used more that almost any appliance I own. You see there is a recipe for lemon cranberry bread, and I made it for friends at work. Oh my gosh , they were begging for me to keep bringing it ( it is really good ) . Anyway I have made that bread more times than I can count for friends and family,never have I pleased so many, with so little effort on my part. 😸 Youwill use it more than you think. 🍞🍞🍞🍞

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

@QVCkitty1 

Care to share that recipe? It sounds 

Honored Contributor

@Tribesters wrote:

@QVCkitty1 

Care to share that recipe? It sounds 

@Tribesters ,  The recipe was in the booklet that came with my machine, but maybe it would work in any one, anyway here it is.

This uses the sweet bread function for a 1 1/2 lb. loaf. 

add to bread pan in this order,

1 cup + 2 T warm water

2 T veg. Oil

1t salt

3T sugar

1t lemon extract

3 cups BREAD flour

sprinkle 1t yeast on top

When your machine indicates add 1 cup dried cranberries ( I use the lower sugar craisens )

1 t grated lemon peel

I hope it works for you, it is very good.

@Tribesters 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

@QVCkitty1 

Thanks! 

Trusted Contributor

I'm sure this bread machine is wonderful.  I have a cheapy 65 dollar Hamilton Beach Artisan bread maker.  The loaf pan and paddle of the Breadman is identical to mine.  I use it weekly.  Mine makes fantastic bread.  I highly recommend bread machines.

Honored Contributor

We have a Cuisinart CBK 110, which sells for about $80.

We bake a LOT of bread, have had a machine since 1992, and have had Hitachi, Breadman, and three Zojirushi's (the best).  But I had a gift certificate a couple of years ago and bought this and it makes a really really good loaf of bread.

We like it a lot! 

Valued Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

We have a Cuisinart CBK 110, which sells for about $80.

We bake a LOT of bread, have had a machine since 1992, and have had Hitachi, Breadman, and three Zojirushi's (the best).  But I had a gift certificate a couple of years ago and bought this and it makes a really really good loaf of bread.

We like it a lot! 

I bought a DAK bread machine years ago when they first came out and mine is still working perfectly.  I also own a Zojirushii and love that one, too.  I highly recommend bread machines because the bread comes out so nice and the flavor is wonderful.  Unless you have a fancy bread shop near you, a bread machine is the way to go