Esteemed Contributor

Re: QVC-why aren't TSV vendors in studio?

[ Edited ]

She used, as a down payment,  the proceeds from the sale of her West 19th Street co-op, which was approximately $3.7 million.

Super Contributor

I could understand when Covid was deadly, but now they just seem too lazy to make an appearance. I'm so sick of watching Skype. It's time to show up at the studio.

Trusted Contributor

@Sweet Kitties It might not be deadly, but it can be worse than getting the flu. Our friends (family of 5) the Dad and 2 daughters in their 20’s got it a couple months ago. The wife said she’s never seen her husband that sick. He had severe body aches and fever etc. A very healthy man, who works out daily. Her and the youngest stayed downstairs while they stayed in their bedrooms. She brought their food up to them til they were over it. It was scary because the mom has health issues, so she had to be ultra careful not to get it. And yes they were all fully vaccinated.
Esteemed Contributor

I don't think that guests being, or not being, in the studio has anything to do with Covid at this point. 

I believe that it is a Qurate business decision and the hybrid model, some remote, some in person, will be the norm going forward.

Respected Contributor

@RescueLover wrote:
@Sweet KittiesIt might not be deadly, but it can be worse than getting the flu. Our friends (family of 5) the Dad and 2 daughters in their 20’s got it a couple months ago. The wife said she’s never seen her husband that sick. He had severe body aches and fever etc. A very healthy man, who works out daily. Her and the youngest stayed downstairs while they stayed in their bedrooms. She brought their food up to them til they were over it. It was scary because the mom has health issues, so she had to be ultra careful not to get it. And yes they were all fully vaccinated.

We have a family friend with COVID. Third times she has been sick with COVID and she is vaccinated.

We do not know the health status of vendors. Traveling and being around lots of people could make them  sick and there are areas that are unsafe. If they are in person or on Skype will not play a role in my purchasing a product. Their well-being is more important than my entertainment.

Trusted Contributor

@Iwantcoffee Your last sentence says it all. Thank you.. I couldn’t agree more! 😊
Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

I don't think that guests being, or not being, in the studio has anything to do with Covid at this point. 

I believe that it is a Qurate business decision and the hybrid model, some remote, some in person, will be the norm going forward.

I suspect this may be right.

Gary was in studio this morning for the two hour D&Co show but will be remote from home this afternoon on the one hour Q2 show.  (And yes, I know that Gary is not technically a vendor.)

I think that a combination of the two is probably more convenient and less expensive for both QVC and the vendors/vendor reps.

Regular Contributor

I do prefer having the vendors in the studio to talk about their TSVs. I also wonder if they’re taking vacations regardless of the risk of catching Covid but choosing not to come into the studio on the day of their TSV? But if my product had the potential to pull in hundreds of thousands in sales in one day, I’d hop on a pigeon or flag down a camel to get to the studio lol!!! But at the end of the day, if the TSV sales don’t do as well as expected, more vendors may be making their way back to the studio, JMO
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@RescueLover  I was under the impression Lori Goldstein lives in NYC.  I've seen plenty of photos of her and her dog that appear to be taken on NYC streets.

@Kachina624   Lori recently moved to Palm Springs, also bringing her mother out and buying the mother a place there.

Trusted Contributor

@1Professor Yes, that’s where Alberti vacations since he used to live in Palm Springs and still has friends there. It sounds like he visits Lori each time he goes. 😊 Amy mentioned on Monday night, only because the power went out at Lori’s during the live show that she was proud of Lori for being able to get the power back at her apartment. So she lives in an apartment there. I also got a good laugh when Lori mentioned once that her mom (Marsha) lives near her but not with her, because she said she’s not that crazy. 😂 Can you tell I watch LOGO all the time!! 😁