Contributor

QVC-why aren't TSV vendors in studio?

This is MY opinion but I wonder why some TSV vendors are in the studio for "their day" but others aren't? It seems like none of the "famous" designers are made to come in such as Isaac, Candace Cameron Bure, Lori Goldstein to name a few.....when Valerie Parhill came in for her day it was awesome. People provide energy to one another and it was great.....I feel if these famous designers want to sell their stuff please have them come into the studio instead of countless Skype, bad connection calls in the comfort of their homes throughout the day. Would love to see them actually interact with the hosts in person like it used to be and should be. Sorry but there should be some sort of effort on their end. Heck Sara Davies flew in from England to be on HSN so it CAN be done. I'm only referring to a TSV so keep that in mind. I'm not referring to general presentations.
Honored Contributor

Re: QVC-why aren't TSV vendors in studio?

Maybe they are leaving the choice up to the vendor.

Respected Contributor

Its 2022 and technology serves us well. There is absolutely no reason for a vendor to spend $$$$ and hours traveling. Flights are constantly delayed and Covid is alive and well.Vendors do just fine from home.

Honored Contributor

I think they're trying to save money. It looks like off site is here to stay. Does HSN have vendors in the studio now!? I prefer in studio myself but I don't watch enough for it to matter too much. 

Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

Maybe they are leaving the choice up to the vendor.

@rms1954  That would be my guess.  Some live some distance away and still may not want the potential Covid exposure or the big hassle of flying.  They're busy people and the trip could easily take a minimum of 3 days.  Time is money. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

It diesn’t matter to me if they skype in or are in studio in person. I do agree that it seems better if they are there in person. What I find amusing is some vendors when at home don’t dress up like they do when in studiio. Actually, the two I’m thinking of who do this are men. One from Q and one from HSN.
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Last thing I want to see is more interacting and babbling between vendors and the host. Show me the product, give me the details, tell me the price. Then move on to the next item.

Honored Contributor

It's cheaper for QVC.  They won't have to spend travel times and places for guests to stay.  I thought even when the pandemic just started this would be a permanent change for QVC.  I think I'm going to be right.  A few are in the studio, but I think they might live near by (like I think.... Gary)  Other places like Gem Shopping had guests sitting next to them barely after the vaccines started.  I can't tell with the other channels as I don't watch HSN or JTV,  I can't see even Susan Graver leaving the good life at that marina in Florida to schlep up to West Chester like she used to do. It's great for the designer too.  They can work from home.  

Honored Contributor

@Etoile308 wrote:

Last thing I want to see is more interacting and babbling between vendors and the host. Show me the product, give me the details, tell me the price. Then move on to the next item.

I think there is less of the so-called interacting and babbling when the vendor is in studio.  The presentation seems more focused on the product.

Esteemed Contributor

Valerie presentations are best done in a large space like the studio where she can do demonstrations and showcase her items.  Clothes I have no issues with remote in fact I prefer it.