New Contributor

Re: QVC needs to tell when the TSV is a discontinued item

I believe they knew way before now that it was discontinued. I am fast losing faith in Fitbit!

New Contributor

AMEN!

Esteemed Contributor

The Versa is Fitbit's new watch model. It sells for $300.  It does appear that Fitbit  has added more data reporting to Blaze maybe that is why they are calling it new. Fitbit can be do it  through their central computers without ever touching the a piece.

But if the item is discontinued it is a major scam by Q if they have not told their loyal customers. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hmmm.

Try buying a Fitbit Blaze on fitbit.com or Bestbuy for that manner.  Cannot find it.

Perhaps the word "discontinued" has not been officially deemed by Fitbit yet, but it certainly is not currently supported.  LIke Carolyn Gracie said this morning, she has the Fitbit Ionic.  That one, and the Fitbit Versa are the latest and greatest fitbits.

The Blaze may be a fine fitness tracker, but it's not their latest technology.  QVC never said it was, they only kept saying they had it at a great price.  As always, the consumer should do their own research. 

If the latest technology is what you want, this one isn't it. However, If the Blaze gives you everything you do want, this price is a good one for it.

Respected Contributor

I fell for it, then cancelled. I looked up the blaze and found a you tube video review from 2016. There is nothing wrong with that, it is actually a great price but it is Fitbit's 1st generation watch and now they are onto the versa. I ended up buying the versa for $129 more than the blaze but I got the special edition one with the extra band's. I figured if I was going to buy a new activity tracker/watch, I might as well get the latest and the greatest. I wear my fitbit 1 everyday and have had it for several years, I like it a lot but this will be an upgrade for me. I do think QVC bought the Blaze out and are selling it at a very good price. I think QVC should have said it is a discontinued model. One thing that bothered me last night the host at midnight said basically they had to take things out of the Blaze like waterproofing to make it affordable. That is not true, this model is the Blaze, it is not a special model made for QVC. This is not a Versa without the waterproof feature. Geez!

Valued Contributor

As I recall, did t this happen recently with the Keurig coffee maker?  Something about selling older model?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

I've come to the conclusion that QVC uses the TSV to dump a lot of defective merchandise.  Seems as though all the Clark TSVs have had sizing issues, including the recent clog.  It's so wide in the medium width that people who normally wear mediums can't keep them on their feet.  Last fall there was one so narrow, buyers couldn't get them on.  Several months ago there was another that gaped when people walked in them.

I agree with you, @Kachina624.   I think QVC has in part become a clearance site for discontinued models (or those that are on the verge of being replaced) of electronics and "all things tech" and also seems to offer a disturbing number of products with known quality-assurance problems. 

It bothers me.  I won't lose sleep over it, but QVC isn't the same company I trusted back in the 1990s when I started watching and buying.  They had excellent QA and really fabulous merchandise but something has changed radically.

Specifically about the topic of the Blaze Fitbit, yes it was discontinued several months ago and while it seems to have good reviews I don't think it was represented with full disclosure in the couple of presentations I saw.    Still, I guess it falls back on customer to remember:  "buyer beware" and do your research before spending money.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Frequent Contributor

I briefly considered it since i do not have a fit bit and would like one. However, when I realized this was not new technology(from 2016) I decided to pass. Electronics get updated all the time and I was suspicious that for the price it was not the most up to date. it probably works just fine for what it does and I am sure people who buy it will benefit from it. I mean I have the second generation iPad 2 which I love and it works great, but wish I had a newer one since they are much thinner and lighter now.

Valued Contributor

I totally agreed with the person that started this thread.  Obviously QVC bought a huge amount from FITBIT, but how does the qvc customer know if what they purchased were defective or returns from all the stores across the country that sell the Blaze.  I purchase my FITBIT Blaze two years ago when it was a TSV and an extra watch band came with it.  Never had a problem, but QVC is being disengenuous with their customers, what happened to being honest?  

Honored Contributor

@tropics21@I guess qvc bought up all of the discontinued models at a great price to sell.i only wonder how much of that savings was passed along to the customer....people thought the deal was great but maybe it could have been better.