Occasional Contributor

Hello lynmom50,

I totally agree. I posted something like this a while ago. My original post was:

Hello,

Please reconsider your rates on shipping and handling. I understand that some items have free shipping and others have reduced shipping. However, if items ordered are going to the same address, there should be one shipping fee. I place many orders and very rarely do they contain only one item. I don't understand why I am paying a shipping fee for each and every item I order when they are all under one order number. Additionally, most of the time they all arrive together anywayl. So, why do I pay for shipping on each item?

Please reconsider your shipping by order number, not by each item.

I think the Q needs to find a way to address this issue. I often go back and forth over my cart multiple times before I purchase and sometimes I simply don't buy anything at all when I add up the shipping.

Valued Contributor

The Q's shipping is absurd. $10.22 to ship a VEST. $7.72 to ship a rayon/spandex DRESS. Insane!! There's always things I want to buy from here but simply won't due to the obscene shipping charges. The only way I order if is the discount on the item is great, or if I get a "bonus" with the item (like a makeup brush with a foundation), if I'm really interested in the item.

Respected Contributor

I shop what I can't find other places here at the Q. Beauty kits that are TSV's and some various TSV's. For the most part I have started to shop other places.

Their shipping costs are just ridicoulous to shop for most items here. Shipping costs on clothing items are so crazy expensive and if you want more than one item it just racks up!!!!

Honored Contributor

I just saw an ad on QVC today that from now through Christmas, all TSV's will be on easypay. IMO there should be free s/h on ALL TSVs all the time.

I recently ordered 2 jewelry items for my SIL for x-mas. They charged me s/h for each item even though I ordered them at the same time. I paid $9.44 to have a light weight ring and fairly light weight bracelet sent to me. Individually, at under $5.00 the s/h wasn't bad. But to pay that individual charge for each piece was ridiculous.

Had these items been for me and not a gift, I would have abandoned my cart. I have done that quite often when I saw the total I was being charged for s/h.

There have been a few occasions where I wanted a lunchtime special but the s/h was almost as much as the item.

Regular Contributor

You know, I wouldn't have a problem with the higher shipping and handling costs if QVC would ACTUALLY SHIP IN A TIMELY MANNER. They need to cut all S&H in half because they obviously are not doing the "and handling" part very well at all. Why in the world does it take 5 days to get an item out the door?!?!?

Honored Contributor
On 11/12/2014 LipstickDiva said:

I just saw an ad on QVC today that from now through Christmas, all TSV's will be on easypay. IMO there should be free s/h on ALL TSVs all the time.

I recently ordered 2 jewelry items for my SIL for x-mas. They charged me s/h for each item even though I ordered them at the same time. I paid $9.44 to have a light weight ring and fairly light weight bracelet sent to me. Individually, at under $5.00 the s/h wasn't bad. But to pay that individual charge for each piece was ridiculous.

Had these items been for me and not a gift, I would have abandoned my cart. I have done that quite often when I saw the total I was being charged for s/h.

There have been a few occasions where I wanted a lunchtime special but the s/h was almost as much as the item.

Generous of them isn't it, considering many TSV's are on EP in the first place!

And yep, when the cost to get it home is almost the cost of the item there's just something very, very wrong.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor
On 11/12/2014 GoodStuff said:

There have been many, many threads discussing QVC's extremely high S&H charges -- especially high since they are computed per item, no matter how small the item or how many items you order together. You could order six or seven small, lightweight items (makeup, small accessories, small kitchen items, whatever) and pay several dollars for S&H apiece -- possibly adding up to $30 or more in S&H for items that could easily be packed and shipped together in one small box! You can conveniently shop online so many places now and have items delivered to your door.......and many of QVC's online competitors offer free shipping, very low shipping fees, or frequent free/reduced shipping specials. It's a major factor in shopping choices for me! QVC may be chortling over all the $$$ they're making in S&H.......but I doubt they realize how many sales they are losing because of their S&H.

I agree with everything you said!

Contributor

Totally agree - that is why we only purchase items from QVC when they have a "special" price for shipping (free, $5,etc) - the rest of the time we use them as a showroom and buy elsewhere where we can get free shipping and possibly no tax as well as better prices. One tip about returns - QVC uses Parcel Select (aka CHEAP) and base their return cost on price. If you want to return something take it to the PO and see how much it would cost to ship Parcel Select - we have shipped stuff back that QVC wanted $10.95 to return and paid $4.75 and yes that includes insurance and tracking. They get you coming and going!

Contributor
Easy pay is the bait they hook the customer with and the money they make off the S&H is the equivalent of interest. The Quality is not that great on many products they sell, the Value due to their gouging us with the S&H coupled with over-pricing the product, is gone and even the Convenience is lacking in that what I could get delivered in 2 days from Amazon takes 2 weeks when ordered from QVC. I wonder if we could get their attention if we flooded their email inboxes with protests? They sure don't show any signs of responsiveness to posts on these forums. GTC (gouge the customer) would be a more accurate name for them than QVC.
New Contributor
I look back and can't believe how much money I spent with QVC , of course the S&H was less . Now older and wiser I watch every penny I spend , I might buy one or two items a year with the Q , at most Smiley Happy