Trusted Contributor

Re: QVC OR HARRY LONDON CO. LIED!

Happened to me with the Andrew Lessman TSV on HSN; the cook book was free with larger bottles. I purchased the 1200 capsules, didn't get the cookbook. When I called CS, they said it was while supplies last. I placed my order at midnight when they first aired the Vitamin D TSV!

When I asked for a supervisor, she said he will give you the same answer. And she was right, he gave me the same answer. HSN CS used to be excellent, not anymore! I am turned off by TV shopping & am buying less & less. There is no savings anyway & most time its just impulse buying.

Esteemed Contributor

On 10/22/2014 FLGators said:

Happened to me with the Andrew Lessman TSV on HSN; the cook book was free with larger bottles. I purchased the 1200 capsules, didn't get the cookbook. When I called CS, they said it was while supplies last. I placed my order at midnight when they first aired the Vitamin D TSV!

When I asked for a supervisor, she said he will give you the same answer. And she was right, he gave me the same answer. HSN CS used to be excellent, not anymore! I am turned off by TV shopping & am buying less & less. There is no savings anyway & most time its just impulse buying.

I agree! I can't remember the last time I bought anything from a shopping channel. There are so many easier, less expensive, and more satisfying ways to buy.

Kiss

Honored Contributor

Okay I'm not crazy! I thought Colleen said you get the cookbook with the larger bottles and I was surprised when I didn't get the book but I just assumed I didn't hear her correctly.

I ordered before midnight.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Trusted Contributor

These chocolates are terrible..I swear they have a waxy taste. Blech!
Super Contributor

On 10/22/2014 VaBelle35 said:

Okay I'm not crazy! I thought Colleen said you get the cookbook with the larger bottles and I was surprised when I didn't get the book but I just assumed I didn't hear her correctly.

I ordered before midnight.

I got the free Cook Book... and I gave it to my daughter..

My daughters like that sort of thing.. I am buying them Andrews

vitamins since he was on QVC...

:

This is my third cook book from Andrew and Muriel Angot...

Honored Contributor

On 10/21/2014 NYC Susan said:

How ironic that all the quantity updates we're constantly subjected to actually mean nothing!

I had a similar experience. I ordered a TSV a few years ago. The quantity left was very high, probably because I called right after midnight. Long story short, I never got it. I called repeatedly, was told it was on its way to me, and finally a CS rep told me that it was on waitlist & I might not get it at all because they didn't think they'd be getting any more. How I went from ordering at 12:05 am when quantities were super-high to waitlist is beyond me. (Not to mention all the "It's on its way to you" conversations I had for weeks afterward.)

I had watched on & off the day I ordered the item, and saw "quantity updates" all day long. It wasn't until that evening that it sold out. So what did all of those updates mean? Now I know they meant nothing.

I always think of this when I'm listening to a vendor, and the host jumps in to update quantities. I'm trying to listen to a vendor explain the details about something, and here comes the host with the usual "quantities are VERY limited", "we only have x number left", "only 2 dozen remaining in the red". Yes, by all means keep interrupting the vendor with numbers that are meaningless!

Kiss

That is similar to the Ovarian Cancer event , and the now infamous Alex and Ani bracelet debacle! I happened to read a thread about the bracelets 4 hours after they were aired and sold out. Many customers were so upset because they ordered right away, their order was accepted. Then they were receiving "sorry, the item is unavailable" on their order status. Being a huge Alex and Ani collector (not to mention 3 bracelets for 49.99!!) I tried to order. I tried the gold and it was sold out, I ordered 2 silver and it was denied. I ordered ONE silver, and boom my order was accepted. 5 Days later they arrived! Yet there were so many customers that ordered right away when it was first presented, and never got them. Go figure. Here I waltz into the party late and get one.

This was a huge thing. People were mad, yet QVC had no explanation, except they over sold. Well, how does someone who bought first get axed, and someone 4 hours after sold sign, out get one? I am not complaining, I cherish those bracelets. One of the best QVC purchases ever! I just felt bad for those who never got them, and they waited for the show just to order the bracelet! Yikes!!

Contributor

I had 3 sets ordered but after looking at the "nutritional information" on the QVC.com listing and seeing that the candy is full of trans fat, I cancelled them. This is the first time I have seen a copy of the actual ingredients label on a QVC food item. They should be required to show this info on all foods they sell so customers can make informed decisions before purchasing.
Contributor

On 10/22/2014 luvtoshopathome said: I hate to say this but consider yourself lucky. I bought those chocolates last year and they were terrible, stale, waxy and they had a white color to the chocolate, they didn't even have that chocolate taste. I put them out in a bowl at Christmas and no one liked them, I asked if anyone wanted to take them with them.......no takers! I called the Q and wanted to send them back but they refunded my money and said they're not allowed to take any food items back. You should try Waggoner chocolates over on SHOPHQ. They are much better.
waggoner chocolates is owned by the family who started Harry London. They sold The company years ago to a larger company and one of the family started it up again. Allison wagoner on shop hq is the sister of the current owner and she did marketing and such for harry London when her family owned it. Both companies are in the canton oh area