Esteemed Contributor

Re: QVC OR HARRY LONDON CO. LIED!

I keep thinking about this ordeal, so thought I'd ask, did your order ever go to in process, bazb?

Regular Contributor

I ordered HL TSV one year for Xmas and everyone in the family said they tasted bad. I ordered the croissants the next year and gave them to a homeless shelter after no one in the family liked them. This year I advanced ordered form the Sheryl""s cookies and I am hoping for the best. I am done ordering food here.

Super Contributor

On 10/21/2014 Goldreich said:

I ordered HL TSV one year for Xmas and everyone in the family said they tasted bad. I ordered the croissants the next year and gave them to a homeless shelter after no one in the family liked them. This year I advanced ordered form the Sheryl"s cookies and I am hoping for the best. I am done ordering food here.

I don't care for HL chocolates. They try to align themselves with Godiva, Sees etc. But, they are not even close. Sorry about your experience. QVC should be putting the customer FIRST!

Esteemed Contributor

I ordered HL TSV one year for Xmas and everyone in the family said they tasted bad. I ordered the croissants the next year and gave them to a homeless shelter after no one in the family liked them. This year I advanced ordered form the Sheryl"s cookies and I am hoping for the best. I am done ordering food here.

Gold you need to cancel those cookies, they are bad, for the first time in my life my family did not eat all the Christmas cookies

Esteemed Contributor

bazb,

Consider yourself lucky the order fell through the HL chocolates are very waxy and no depth of chocolate flavor.

Super Contributor

Common sense states that it was QVC that took the orders, so they are responsible for taking more than could be filled by a certain time. Harry London has to honor the orders taken to the best of their ability, obviously having to delay some shipments. I would put the blame on QVC.

Esteemed Contributor

On 10/21/2014 lennox25 said:

Common sense states that it was QVC that took the orders, so they are responsible for taking more than could be filled by a certain time. Harry London has to honor the orders taken to the best of their ability, obviously having to delay some shipments. I would put the blame on QVC.

Not necessarily. HL probably told QVC how many they could fill, and then didn't provide enough. In that case, it would be HL's fault, not QVC's.

I'm sure HL came up with the scheduled delivery dates and all of that. It's unlikely that QVC randomly chose dates & quantities. QVC has some responsibility because customers are buying from them. But it's entirely possible that it's HL who dropped the ball, and I think it's much more likely.

Kiss

Honored Contributor

wow......the croissants are one food item that i am on auto delivery for......the plain and the chocolate. we have found them to be excellent!

my kids love cheryls cookies.

i ordered the HL chocolates this year for the first time. i LOVE sees, do not care for GODIVA (which are around 4-5 times the price of HL). love the tins, thought that they would make great inexpensive hostess gifts. i got the delivery that is closest to christmas.

the good thing about food products at qvc.....100 percent money back guarantee, no need to return the food.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

How ironic that all the quantity updates we're constantly subjected to actually mean nothing!

I had a similar experience. I ordered a TSV a few years ago. The quantity left was very high, probably because I called right after midnight. Long story short, I never got it. I called repeatedly, was told it was on its way to me, and finally a CS rep told me that it was on waitlist & I might not get it at all because they didn't think they'd be getting any more. How I went from ordering at 12:05 am when quantities were super-high to waitlist is beyond me. (Not to mention all the "It's on its way to you" conversations I had for weeks afterward.)

I had watched on & off the day I ordered the item, and saw "quantity updates" all day long. It wasn't until that evening that it sold out. So what did all of those updates mean? Now I know they meant nothing.

I always think of this when I'm listening to a vendor, and the host jumps in to update quantities. I'm trying to listen to a vendor explain the details about something, and here comes the host with the usual "quantities are VERY limited", "we only have x number left", "only 2 dozen remaining in the red". Yes, by all means keep interrupting the vendor with numbers that are meaningless!

Kiss

Trusted Contributor

I hate to say this but consider yourself lucky. I bought those chocolates last year and they were terrible, stale, waxy and they had a white color to the chocolate, they didn't even have that chocolate taste. I put them out in a bowl at Christmas and no one liked them, I asked if anyone wanted to take them with them.......no takers! I called the Q and wanted to send them back but they refunded my money and said they're not allowed to take any food items back. You should try Waggoner chocolates over on SHOPHQ. They are much better.