Valued Contributor

Q2 Spurtle Big Deal Yay or Nay?

I'm thinking about getting this Spurtle set, but am undecided. Anyone own spurtles & do you prefer them to your other kitchen utensils? Thanks!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Q2 Spurtle Big Deal Yay or Nay?

Reviews are not that good.  Your wooden spoon does a better job or just a plain spatuala. 

Esteemed Contributor

I've never seen them in person but they appear to be large - perhaps useful in a commercial kitchen mixing big batches of whatever. However, my hands aren't huge so I know they would overpower me.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have the bamboo version and really like them. They really ease mixing ingredients  by hand!

The current version (acacia wood?) seems to bring on some of the negative comments from people who have the original. 

Honored Contributor

Image result for nay word images

Regular Contributor

Nay for me. 

Valued Contributor

Anyone care to elaborate on the nay? Did you not like them for a particular reason?

Honored Contributor

I might be all wrong about this, but I use don't think they would be that helpful.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

I have the acacia version and use them all of the time. I have a set that was $20 for four spurtles. I think that's a better deal because I don't need a spoon rest. They aren't too big for my small hand (I wear small nitrile gloves at work). They haven't splintered in the six months that I've been using them, and they clean easily. 

Respected Contributor

I have them and love them.  I've gotten rid of most of my other spatula type utensils.  They wash up nice, no grease or staining left behind.